Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He basically said he didn't like me but what the situation now!? Watch

So here's the issue. I told this guy i liked him afew months ago, and he didnt really give me a reply apart from saying he didnt know how he felt and it was complicated. We were really good friends so I didnt want to ruin that so we kinda just continued 2 be friendly hang out etc and I was okay with the fact he didn't like me back. He's a uni mate so now im at home over the summer i havent really had much contact with him which has been good for me 2 get over liking him. However he's been texting me alot recently saying lots of stuff that we have 2 do when we get back, and making plans and stuff. He also phoned me and we were chatting for an hour or so. I'm under the assumption that its all friendly given what happened b4, but some people are telling me that maybe theres more to it and he's come 2 his senses. Do you think he's just being a good friend or he's thinking something else? Hope u guys can give ur insight! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    mmm sounds like an weird situation. Could just be that he wants go get back to how it was before. He obviously thinks alot of you if he's making the effort to phone you. I guess the only thing i can say is wait to see how it is when u get back to uni.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a number of things, its hard to tell if he is intrested as he could be hoping the situation has returned to 'just friends' or he might be pushing for something else.
    I think it will be easier to work this out once you are back to being around each other. You can also see if he lives up to the promises hes made of things you are going to do when you are back at Uni. If he makes a much more concerted effort then it could be a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    This is good advice by a moderator :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The situation is that he doesnt like you

ReputationRep:
    The situation is; just ******* ask him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James')
    The situation is; just ******* ask him.
    :no:

If she asks him and he doesn't like her = A swift return to weirdness and awkwardness.

Listen to mollymustard OP. Just see how things go, I would. I presume if he does like you he will eventually get around to making it clear.

Spoiler:
    Show
    And then deny it when you ask him, before then admitting it on three separate occasions all the while telling you he's not taking it anywhere. DON'T BE BITTER, SHAMBLES. DON'T BE BITTER. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I'd wait it out - he'll tell you if he "likes" you.

Otherwise you run the risk of making things awkward again

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.