Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever feel like you dissapoint your parents? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever feel like you dissapoint your parents?

ReputationRep:
    absolutely, but i guess at this point i don't care anymore. gotten to the point where they've called me worthless. oh well. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    In what way?

ReputationRep:
    Whem my mum said she wished she never had me , that's when I felt like I disappointed my mum. Other than that no , if my mum thinks I'm a disappointment I'll let her think that.

Do I ever feel like I disappoint my parents?
    Yes

Do I care?
    No

I was too lazy to get 11 A*s

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have ever felt like I disappointed my mum, but I guess that's cos she's very easy-going and I've never been one to rebel.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah all the time. Especially with my dad. He's so successful and has a great job and when i dropped out of university i felt so ashamed and dissapointed, like i'd never live up to what he thought i'd be, especially when he was saying how in two years time i would be getting my degree and saying how proud he was of me, and even when i dropped out of uni he was saying he was still proud of me, which kind of made me feel worse...

ReputationRep:
    nope.
    they love me, im the perfect daughter.

ReputationRep:
    yep but i dont give a ****

ReputationRep:
    yeah because i do so much crap behind their back that they don't know about i feel so bad...but then the weed kicks in, and i don't feel so sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Whem my mum said she wished she never had me , that's when I felt like I disappointed my mum. Other than that no , if my mum thinks I'm a disappointment I'll let her think that.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Everyday. I know I've disappointed my mother with some of my actions and she makes sure to remind me. But I also know she's quite proud* of my accomplishments.

*I wish :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Man, there is just SO MUCH that can be read into this thread title's meaning :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and on the 20th August I'm going to disappoint them further.

ReputationRep:
    No, because they never had any hopes for me. One of the few advantages of being born to pessimists, I think!

My dad had a daughter in a previous marriage who did a lot of awful things (apparently), from loud parties while they were out to abortions and never returning money lent to her by our now deceased grandparents. My father finds it hilarious that he has a daughter who now agrees with him against my mother that they should never have decided to have children. But, in comparison to what they expected, I'm not really a disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeeaaaaah

They didn't ask much either...

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

It used to really bother me but ive done alot of stuff they dont know about and i know if they knew about that they would be even more disappointed.
    Education wise ive known ever since my gcses they've been disappointed because my mum actually told me. The same goes for my nana, because she put onto me all the hopes she had for my dad when he didnt achieve what she wanted!

ReputationRep:
    no, my mum's very impressed with any form of education above GCSEs.

she started saying after I applied for english lit, how she wished I had become a doctor. Now she wants me to get a PhD, so she can tell people I'm a doctor. She's joking, I think.

ReputationRep:
    It seems nothing I ever do will be good enough for my dad!!

ReputationRep:
    I think my dad thought that id be more outgoing and social when I got to college, like he was, but im too shy around people that i've know for a while, but only kind of know, if you know what i mean?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.