Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well im applying for uni in september 2009 and i cant decide on what university id like to go to. if i went to a 'good university' which needed higher grades to get in (that may lower requirements in clearing so i may get in) that may mean that the people i meet and become friends with would be people in the same course as me. As it requires high entry requirements that may mean i would be friends who are like 'clever'. however i just want to meet normal people as friends rather than clever people.

In that case if i went to a uni which asked for lower entry requirements wouldnt that affect me in the futur with finding a job because that would mean going to a 'less good' uni to just get normal friends rather than overly clever friends.

what do you think is best?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wow.

What makes you think these 'good universities' would have you?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're a bit deluded about everything being horrifically clever at a "good" university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Wow.

What makes you think these 'good universities' would have you?
    well i have a conditional offer for a 'good university' so if i meet the requirements maybe they will have me, otherwise i may go thro clearing

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are really dumb, there won't be any problems with befriending "clever" people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    well im applying for uni in september 2009 and i cant decide on what university id like to go to. if i went to a 'good university' which needed higher grades to get in (that may lower requirements in clearing so i may get in) that may mean that the people i meet and become friends with would be people in the same course as me. As it requires high entry requirements that may mean i would be friends who are like 'clever'. however i just want to meet normal people as friends rather than clever people.

In that case if i went to a uni which asked for lower entry requirements wouldnt that affect me in the futur with finding a job because that would mean going to a 'less good' uni to just get normal friends rather than overly clever friends.

its about what you want, that way youll meet people like you

ReputationRep:
    Uni's arn't just full of boring, dull, 'clever' people. Well that certainly is not the case at my Uni anyway. There are people with all sorts of likes/dislikes from all sorts of life. 99% of the people at most institutions are just ordinary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)

Er... you need to go through clearing now for Sept 2009 and luck to get the grades and the course at your good uni in clearing too. You looked this up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Er... you need to go through clearing now for Sept 2009 and luck to get the grades and the course at your good uni in clearing too. You looked this up?
    Have you looked this up?

How can you go through clearing before you have the grades :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calvinuk)
    Have you looked this up?

How can you go through clearing before you have the grades :confused:
    Lol, of course...

Clearing is the same day as the A Level Results. Therefore you have the grades for the clearing process.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.