Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

His mood changes from happy to angry within seconds, and it's like he uses this as a way to control me.

Whenever he is down, he will almost certainly take it out or find a way to blame me for what is going wrong.

He puts a negative spin on everything.

He gets jealous if I go out and see my friends.

He is always playing ******* mind games with me.

He gets touchy over the slightest things, like for instance if I take too long to get ready.

He compares me to other girls all the time.

I don't know what to do, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    tell him to get off the roids

ReputationRep:
    break up with him?

(Original post by Adonis)
    tell him to get off the roids
    He's not on them. But yes, he does tend to act like an angry, testosterone laden monster most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    dump him
    harsh i know but noone deserves this

what ethnicty is your boyfriend from

be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He's not on them. But yes, he does tend to act like an angry, testosterone laden monster most of the time.
    Actually its low levels of testosterone that have been linked to mood swings but people seem to think its the other way round :dontknow:
    Anyway you should leave him for both your sakes. I do believe in giving people a chance and not giving up on them but if he is basically bullying you then you need to get out. Show him that he can't treat you like that or it will only get worse and it won't do him any good at all!

I want someone to give me an explanation if anything. I just can't figure him out.

what ethnicty is your boyfriend from

be honest
    No offence, but what does his ethnicity have anything to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    His mood changes from happy to angry within seconds, and it's like he uses this as a way to control me.

Whenever he is down, he will almost certainly take it out or find a way to blame me for what is going wrong.

He puts a negative spin on everything.

He gets jealous if I go out and see my friends.

He is always playing ******* mind games with me.

He gets touchy over the slightest things, like for instance if I take too long to get ready.

He compares me to other girls all the time.

I don't know what to do, any advice?
    sounds like he is insecure. i say give him a chance, talk to him about it directly if you haven't...tell him you love him (if you do). i wouldn't be too quick to dump him before you make things clearer between you and him. but...if he continues, then you should probably leave because no, you don't deserve this. you shouldn't be dominated like that, and it might just be the case that he has a bad personality ... a bad fit!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fricking unstable or at least controlling.

Give him the boot.

Dump him, make sure you're carrying pepper spray or have a strong friend within a few metres at a public place?

(Original post by voudreau)
    Actually its low levels of testosterone that have been linked to mood swings but people seem to think its the other way round :dontknow:
    Anyway you should leave him for both your sakes. I do believe in giving people a chance and not giving up on them but if he is basically bullying you then you need to get out. Show him that he can't treat you like that or it will only get worse and it won't do him any good at all!
    You're right. I just don't know how someone can say they love you yet emotionally bully you at the same time. Beats me.

ReputationRep:
    I want someone to give me an explanation if anything. I just can't figure him out.
    I'm afraid I don't know him personally. No one here does.
    But has he always done this? Or is this a new thing? Could there be a reason you know of why he's acting this way (i.e. family, e.t.c)

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a stand-up boyfriend. I'm sure you will want to marry him.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people are saying to give him the boot, if he is getting to you that much it may be a wise move.

However i know its not that easy, so maybe tryand talk to him about it, there may be some reason for it, maybe he needs to talk to someone about some anger managment or just to talk to someone in general, if he will take it well you may suggest this.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure much of what you just said OP is completely exaggerated.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly a control freak. Dump him. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    You're right. I just don't know how someone can say they love you yet emotionally bully you at the same time. Beats me.
    I do think it is possible for someone to love you but treat you like crap strage as it may seem. However you need to look at this from your point of view - he clearly isn't. You deserve better and the worrying thing is that if you carry on putting up with this then you will begin to accept it... you can't let him think this is normal behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Despite all of that, do you actually enjoy the relationship anyway? Otherwise it really is a no brainer, get out and dump him Think about you and what akes you happy, and if this isn't it, then it's entirely fair for you to end it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.