Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my friend might have mental problems Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    would you think that having no friends at this point would have made him worse?
    Surely you know the answer to this question?

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Words out of my mouth, thank you Meliae.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    Surely you know the answer to this question?
    I just feel guilty, I was thinking about the other 2, I didnt even consider him

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Marry me.
    I'm all for it.
    (Oh, and I believe you missed out Multiple Personality Disorder :yep:)
    What?! I've been conservative in my diagnoses, but labelling him with multiple personality disorder just screams hypochondriac misdiagnosis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    I'm all for it.

What?! I've been conservative in my diagnoses, but labelling him with multiple personality disorder just screams hypochondriac misdiagnosis!
    Las Vegas, tomorrow?

And I don't think it's that hypochondriacal, it's not like I went for swine flu.

Las Vegas, tomorrow?

And I don't think it's that hypochondriacal, it's not like I went for swine flu.
    Las Vegas? Nah, if I could afford that, I'd already be there. The Piccadilly Line good enough?

(Cannot guarantee not having swine flu.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    I just feel guilty, I was thinking about the other 2, I didnt even consider him
    You mean when you stopped talking to him? Well, yes it sounds like the guy was under a lot of stress. Perhaps people treating him like that is why he's in his own head a lot. Sounds like he didn't have anyone to talk to or anyone who'd listen to his side of the story. As for feeling guilty, everyone makes mistakes. Just try to be a better friend in the future and consider other people more. Maybe you can help your friend come out of his shell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    You mean when you stopped talking to him? Well, yes it sounds like the guy was under a lot of stress. Perhaps people treating him like that is why he's in his own head a lot. Sounds like he didn't have anyone to talk to or anyone who'd listen to his side of the story. As for feeling guilty, everyone makes mistakes. Just try to be a better friend in the future and consider other people more. Maybe you can help your friend come out of his shell.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    it's when he smiles while talking about killing the people that stole his bag you have to start worrying...

Stress does weird things to people. Trust. He's probably fine.

ReputationRep:
    Las Vegas? Nah, if I could afford that, I'd already be there. The Piccadilly Line good enough?

(Cannot guarantee not having swine flu.)
    Make it the Circle and we've got a deal.

(Don't worry, I have it )

Make it the Circle and we've got a deal.

(Don't worry, I have it )
    Deal.

(Really really? Literally?)

ReputationRep:
    Deal.

(Really really? Literally?)
    :oink:

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. Really sounds like he's been goin through ****!
    I dunno what more to say than that I think you should try to be there for him, the best you can. Maybe try to talk to him about it. if he doesn't want to talk about it, it's still good to know that he has someone he could talk to, if he should change his mind..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    Wow.. Really sounds like he's been goin through ****!
    I dunno what more to say than that I think you should try to be there for him, the best you can. Maybe try to talk to him about it. if he doesn't want to talk about it, it's still good to know that he has someone he could talk to, if he should change his mind..
    ok I will

ReputationRep:
    sounds like aspergers, if anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    hes:

- smiles for no reason
    - sometimes talks to himself (slightly)
    - his anger is really bottled up like these kids (in year 10) were throwing his bag to each other and then he hit 1 of them im the back of the head with the bag (plus the look on his face was scary but he was under alot of pressure at this time)
    - hes in his head alot

do you think he has problem? how would you aproach this?
    I'll be honest; I don't think this is the basis for an entirely accurate diagnosis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    hes:

- smiles for no reason
    - sometimes talks to himself (slightly)
    - his anger is really bottled up like these kids (in year 10) were throwing his bag to each other and then he hit 1 of them im the back of the head with the bag (plus the look on his face was scary but he was under alot of pressure at this time)
    - hes in his head alot

do you think he has problem?
    It just sounds like he's rather dim.

(Original post by DOA)
    how would you aproach this?
    Probably not in a sympathetic manner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.