Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically I read my friends phone messages when he was away and it turns out he was texting another man. I am sure you will all cry room for error. We were on holiday and through a some series of events my suspicions have been confirmed, although without him knowing. Its set in stone. No mistakes made. Definitely gay, just to make that clear.

I told one other of my friends and he has told another. There are only three of us who know. He doesn't make it obvious he is gay and it came as a huge shock to me and the person I told. The third had suspicions and it wasn't such a shock.

I'm unsure how to deal with it. Should I come clean with him about reading his phone or try my very best to keep it too myself. I'm usually very good with secrets but this truly is something else.

ReputationRep:
    To start off with, good friend you find something like that out and then go and tell other people, he hasnt told you for a reason so maybe he dosent want people to know?

Right, obviously you are going to now as you know be slightly different with him, not because he is gay, just because you know and he dosent know you know, so i think you will have to tell him, also make sure no one else is told from now on, as it is your friends thing to tell not yours.

Next time i think some privacy for people would be best.

ReputationRep:
    gosh what a friend when you go through your mates texts and then share the results with other people. He obviously didn't tell you because he didn't want people knowing.

If all three of you know know then I think you're going to have to spillthe beans as it were.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think you should stop telling people and just confront him.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him so he can find some better friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Arthur)
    Tell him so he can find some better friends.
    This.
    Sorry, OP.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, why does it matter he's gay? O.o

Come clean.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think it' despicable that you've told your other friends. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Clearly your incapable of being able to handle sensitive information, so I think it's best you put his life and his business firmly into his hands. Tell him what has happened. If your any sort of a friend it would be wise to say you're fine with it as are your friends, but in any case, it's probably best he goes out and finds better ones.

Just hope the people you told are better at keeping secrets than you.

ReputationRep:
    If I was your friend, I would actually bum you for being a lame friend. Then tell everyone you begged me to stick it in your pooper.

Moral; bad friends get bummed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.