Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In 2 years, I will be graduating in geology and I'm planning to continue to a postgrad degree in a natural science program. By that time, I'm already 21y/o. Do you think I could survive postgrad study?

ReputationRep:
    People generally start postgrad study aged 21 as most degrees are 3 years long and most people begin university aged 18 And how do we know if you can survive, SERIOUSLY?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean survive??

ReputationRep:
    If you mean can you continue studying only you can answer the question if your motivated enough to do it

ReputationRep:
    I mean, if I could meet all the standards while studying in the postgrad program.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand what your asking - are you trying to suggest that at 21yrs old you'll suddenly be no longer able to cope with studying - if you get a good degree and accepted onto a postgrad, then surely you shouldn't have any problems handling the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    Uhm, I'm worried about the reqs and maybe the difficulty of the courses. But I do surely want to have a postgrad degree.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by gel)
    Uhm, I'm worried about the reqs and maybe the difficulty of the courses. But I do surely want to have a postgrad degree.
    How do you expect us to know your capabilities and limitations? The only thing you've told us is your age. The obvious answer is 'some people can do it, some people can't'. Surely you don't expect us to be able to give any more specific advice, having only told us your age?

ReputationRep:
    Not if you need to ask such a silly question.

ReputationRep:
    no i dont think you could. sorry.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, yeah. I've just realized that I didn't mention anything that describes my acad performance. Sorry then. lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.