Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jews can now Tweet a prayer to God Watch

ReputationRep:
    Judaism's holiest prayer site has entered the Twitter age.
    The Western Wall can now be accessed through the networking service, allowing believers anywhere to have their prayers placed between its 2,000-year-old-stones without leaving home.
    The Tweet Your Prayers website said supplicants' messages will be printed out and taken to the wall, joining the thousands of handwritten notes placed by visitors who believe their requests will find a shortcut to God.
    The Western Wall is the last remnant of the second of two biblical temples.
    No charge is made for placing a Twitter prayer at the wall.
    Visitors to the website are invited to make donations and there are sponsored links to an outdoor reception hall and a publisher of custom-made prayer books.
    http://tech.uk.msn.com/news/article....ntid=148729357

Is this the laziest pilgrimage in history?
    Will God answer a prayer that is not only half-arsed but quite frankly, full-arsed!! As both buttocks will not be leaving the seat!
    God I hate that Twitter site thing so much.

Edit: Does anyone else want to 'tweet' to the wall just for the lolz

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely amazing!

I'm an atheist, but a God that allows tweeting can only be good news!
    The Israeli government should take a page from the jewish tweeters and stop blowing people up. What a mess we've made.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Nice.

ReputationRep:
    When he was told that Stephen Fry has a Twitter account, God knew he had to get in on the act.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea - there are probably many people who can't travel to Jerusalen themselves either for financial or health reasons and so instead of never being able to place a prayer in the wall, someone is offering to place it for them! I think it's lovely.

ReputationRep:
    How about just actually pray to them! Surely it can't make that much difference if it ends up on the wall or not.

ReputationRep:
    ^ everyone has their own beliefs, and this is some peoples.

(Original post by nasri-diaby)
    Absolutely amazing!

I'm an atheist, but a God that allows tweeting can only be good news!
    The Israeli government should take a page from the jewish tweeters and stop blowing people up. What a mess we've made.
    Well can you really expect the people to elect a non right wing government after forty years of failed peace and repeated attacks upon their homes during supposed "peace"?

ReputationRep:
    i never really understood why twitter is so popular. it is overrated in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FAILINGKID)
    i never really understood why twitter is so popular. it is overrated in my opinion
    I don't quite get it either!? Is it just basically facebook status updates?!?!:confused:

Anyway it only seems to be celebs who are 'dwn wit d kidz' who seem to use it, so ... *shrug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I don't quite get it either!? Is it just basically facebook status updates?!?!:confused:

Anyway it only seems to be celebs who are 'dwn wit d kidz' who seem to use it, so ... *shrug*
    EXACTLY!!! there is no difference between facebook and twitter... i mean the status updates are enough... people are stupid

ReputationRep:
    saves money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.