Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What punishment should come from murdering animals? Watch

• View Poll Results: What punishment should come from murdering animals?
    Nothing
    14.29%
    Community service or a fine.
    7.14%
    Mild custodial sentence - 1 month to 1 year.
    28.57%
    Moderate custodial sentence - 1 year to 10 years.
    28.57%
    Substantial custodial sentence - 10 years to life imprisonment.
    21.43%

ReputationRep:
    If an individual kills an animal out of pure malice (not for food or any farming activity), what sort of punishment should they receive?

Mainly referring to cases like this.

ReputationRep:
    Life if not because what he did was so horrific and morals dictate he should be locked up never to do it again but also because even his own lawyer realises he could do it to humans. Hes a threat to humans and i wont be surprised if his face isnt on the front of a national paper in years to come after heaven for bid he has murdered children, then the public will be asking why he was ever released.

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit of an extreme case, usually people who do tht type of thing are mentally deranged, they certainly dont kill cats and if we're talking about fox hunting etc. thats another matter.

ReputationRep:
    Well it should really depend on the severity of the case. I think they should serve time in prison, if they horrendously abused an animal, they should get substantial jail time because they are sick and twisted and whats to stop them from doing it to a human. But then there is the problem of stuff like running over an animal with your car, you could get people accusing you of purposefully killing their cat or something when it was an accident.

ReputationRep:
    Where is the option for long term psychiatric treatment? eg being locked away where they cant hurt anyone.

And what constitutes as murder, as murder in humans is just killing. I have killed plenty of animals for food in my life time, am I a murderer?

ReputationRep:
    if someone tortures an animal i think they should get more than 1 year as this might lead to them torturing humans... but if anyone tries to hurt my dogs I WILL HUNT THEM DOWN MYSELF... :stomp:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.