What punishment should come from murdering animals? Watch

Poll: What punishment should come from murdering animals?
Nothing (2)
14.29%
Community service or a fine. (1)
7.14%
Mild custodial sentence - 1 month to 1 year. (4)
28.57%
Moderate custodial sentence - 1 year to 10 years. (4)
28.57%
Substantial custodial sentence - 10 years to life imprisonment. (3)
21.43%
Forbidden Fruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
If an individual kills an animal out of pure malice (not for food or any farming activity), what sort of punishment should they receive?

Mainly referring to cases like this.
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Life if not because what he did was so horrific and morals dictate he should be locked up never to do it again but also because even his own lawyer realises he could do it to humans. Hes a threat to humans and i wont be surprised if his face isnt on the front of a national paper in years to come after heaven for bid he has murdered children, then the public will be asking why he was ever released.
Sver
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's a bit of an extreme case, usually people who do tht type of thing are mentally deranged, they certainly dont kill cats and if we're talking about fox hunting etc. thats another matter.
biffyclyro27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well it should really depend on the severity of the case. I think they should serve time in prison, if they horrendously abused an animal, they should get substantial jail time because they are sick and twisted and whats to stop them from doing it to a human. But then there is the problem of stuff like running over an animal with your car, you could get people accusing you of purposefully killing their cat or something when it was an accident.
Darkness and Mist
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Where is the option for long term psychiatric treatment? eg being locked away where they cant hurt anyone.

And what constitutes as murder, as murder in humans is just killing. I have killed plenty of animals for food in my life time, am I a murderer?
FAILINGKID
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if someone tortures an animal i think they should get more than 1 year as this might lead to them torturing humans... but if anyone tries to hurt my dogs I WILL HUNT THEM DOWN MYSELF... :stomp:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.21%
No (321)
73.79%

Watched Threads