Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trying to get over ex girlfriend. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    - Watch TV comedies non stop
    - Eat ice cream
    - Develop a new crush (this works best of all, as soon as you get a new crush the others go out the window, trust me)
    I couldn't agree more with this. I got over a guy I absolutely adored when a new person came along...trust me it does work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha, I am sad to disappoint you but no, lalala is not my ex.

My ex isn't gone from my life, she's also happens to be one of my best friends, so I speak to her and see her very often. Which makes it harder.
    Haha, no people I am not his ex! Just asked because I had just recently talked to someone in same situation so thought it might have been him in hiding :eek: anyway..i agree with what the others said, time is the best healer and i think the only way you can "get over" someone is to be attracted to someone else..perhaps spend some time alone now but after a bit of comforting etc, go out with your mates and get back in the game! all the best xx

ReputationRep:
    replace all the hurt and sadness with coldness.
    erase her photos and delete her from msn and facebook.
    avoid seeing her. delete her number. ignore all calls. do not text her.
    then, make yourself busy with 1) friends 2) a new girl
    that my friend, is the recipe for nursing a bruised heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    In return for my neg rep, op, here is my real advice:

If you're asking TSR for help in getting over her, get a life. Stop making your life into a drama, it's not that special. If you're going to tell anyone, tell her and sort that out yourself (if you're such good friends). It's nobody else's business and telling the world just makes you look like a narcissistic ****.

Good luck. You may need it.
    Unbelievable, people like your self annoy me as hell! The student room is a student community website and people talk chat and post all sorts of different problems. Asking for a bit of advice from people around the same age and that you dont know is a big advantage as you will recieve genuine advice. No bonds attached. People like you quite frankly need to grow up, if your not going to say anything nice and offer a bit of useful advice then do everyone a favour and jog on.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience it is -rarely- possible to come out of a relationship with someone you adored so much and then carry on as friends.

You need to try and forget about her.
    Otherwise you'll find yourself stranded in deep water when you find out she has moved on.
    It hurts so much to let go, but it really is all you can do.

Sure, in a few months you can start to chat to her again, but until you can talk to her without your feelings taking first place, you should cease contact.

Also, your male friends are the best cure at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    Get re-interested in hobbies. go out with friends (though continue to stay away from drugs/alcohol/gambling b/c you're still in a semidepressed mode)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.