Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a US student coming to Leicester to Study Abroad in the Fall. I will be in block 2 of Beaumont Hall. I have a few questions:
    How do I get mail and what all do I need to put on my address?
    Is Block 2 called "block 2" or does it have a house name?

Thanks for all the help.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know all halls will function the same, so based on what it was like at john foster

You will have a post box within your building in which letters and postcards will be deposited.
    If you get a packet, parcel or something that needed to be signed for upon delivery then you will recieve a note in your post box saying that you have mail and to please go and collect it from reception.

Then all you do is take the slip to reception with your ID card and you will be given your post and asked to sign to say that you've got it.

Your address will typically be what it says on your offer of accommodation.
    ie
    NAME
    Block 2 ROOM Number
    Beaumont hall
    Street number and name
    Leicester
    Postcode

As far as I know its just called block 2 though

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravensong03)
    Hi, I'm a US student coming to Leicester to Study Abroad in the Fall. I will be in block 2 of Beaumont Hall. I have a few questions:
    How do I get mail and what all do I need to put on my address?
    Is Block 2 called "block 2" or does it have a house name?

Thanks for all the help.
    I was in Block 4 last year and block 2 has the same mail system. In the kitchen there is a tray and all the letters go into that, exceot for parcels etc which are kept at the office for you to collect. You have a slip of paper in the post tray saying you have a parcel to collect.

The address you need to put down is:

Your Name
    Block 2, Beaumont Hall, Room ....
    Stoughton Drive South
    Oadby
    Leicester
    LE2 2NA

ReputationRep:
    yep, what everyone else said. just be careful near the end of term - don't arrange to have anything important posted.

ReputationRep:
    also if anyone has pictures of the rooms in Beaumont, and would like to share, I would love to see them

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.