Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1. If I don't meet my offer and Imperial won't take me, but I do meet my offer for my insurance (Sheffield), do I need to phone Sheffield and tell them I'm going there or will they already know?

2. Imperial sent an email saying if we've changed any of the exams we're taking since submitting our UCAS forms we need to tell both them and UCAS. I dropped History in Feb/March time, do I need to tell them about this? This sounds like a stupid question but the head of sixth form told me I didn't need to tell them and I don't really want to alert them to the fact that I've dropped something. Its not actually relevant to my offer.

ReputationRep:
    1. Yes, I think they sheffield will be automatically informed
    2. Sorry, don't know, but it is always not a mistake to tell universities about what you want them to know, and if there's anything you don't want them to know, then don't tell them!

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

It depends completely on your course of action. For example, when I arrived at Imperial (aaaah 5 years ago scary) I actually didn't meet my initial offer but was accepted into my insurance. However, a few phone calls to Imperial later, I was given an unconditional offer to a related but not identical course (which turned out, in my opinion, to be much better, woohoo). I never notified my insurance.

Once I accepted the alternate offer from Imperial, my status changed on my insurance from accepted to declined - I am guessing Imperial informed UCAS who made the necessary changes.

So, in short, it depends on what you do - but whatever you do, it looks like the institutions have the systems in place to update as necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie..)
    1. If I don't meet my offer and Imperial won't take me, but I do meet my offer for my insurance (Sheffield), do I need to phone Sheffield and tell them I'm going there or will they already know?

2. Imperial sent an email saying if we've changed any of the exams we're taking since submitting our UCAS forms we need to tell both them and UCAS. I dropped History in Feb/March time, do I need to tell them about this? This sounds like a stupid question but the head of sixth form told me I didn't need to tell them and I don't really want to alert them to the fact that I've dropped something. Its not actually relevant to my offer.
    1. dont be silly of course you'll meet your offer sophie!
    2. listen to mr m

heehee i'll see you soon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.