Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I need to catch a bus to Clifton Moor on Monday.

Are other buses in York the same as the FTR in terms of paying the fare- i.e. does a conductor come round, take your fare and give you change.

Or are other buses in York like normal buses where you pay the driver when you first get on?

If you pay the driver, do they give change or will I need the correct money?

Thanks.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Most buses are like normal buses. You can get a FirstDay which will see you to Clifton Moor and back. The drivers give change.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Will the 6 get me to Clifton Moor?

And do you know where I need to catch this from?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    The 6 takes you to Clifton Moor (eventually), you can catch it from the town centre, see the routes here and here (both PDF).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piggles12345)
    Hello!

I need to catch a bus to Clifton Moor on Monday.

Are other buses in York the same as the FTR in terms of paying the fare- i.e. does a conductor come round, take your fare and give you change.

Or are other buses in York like normal buses where you pay the driver when you first get on?

If you pay the driver, do they give change or will I need the correct money?

Thanks.
    I worked full time at clifton moor for nearly a year.

You need the number 6 and there is no conductor, it's a normal bus with a driver where you pay the ticket. They don't take £20 notes usually and depending on the time of day nor £5. I used to catch it at 06:10 from Tang Hall lane and if I gave him £5 he didn't give me change till I got off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    I worked full time at clifton moor for nearly a year.

You need the number 6 and there is no conductor, it's a normal bus with a driver where you pay the ticket. They don't take £20 notes usually and depending on the time of day nor £5. I used to catch it at 06:10 from Tang Hall lane and if I gave him £5 he didn't give me change till I got off.
    are buses subsidised for uni students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taco23)
    No. First do a student return to town for £2 on the number 4 other (or did last year, presumably they'll do it again in the new year), but nothing subsidised. There will be a free bus between the two campuses (Hes East and West) though to maintain the "no more than 10 minutes maximum walking distance between lectures" rule (lectures end at 10 past and start at 20 to, even though the time table says it's 15 minutes past to 15 minutes past)
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by laser)
    No. First do a student return to town for £2 on the number 4 other (or did last year, presumably they'll do it again in the new year), but nothing subsidised. There will be a free bus between the two campuses (Hes East and West) though to maintain the "no more than 10 minutes maximum walking distance between lectures" rule (lectures end at 10 past and start at 20 to, even though the time table says it's 15 minutes past to 15 minutes past)
    This is after they actually build some teaching rooms on the new campus (i.e. not yet)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laser)
    thanks, for what its worth i repped you but its not worth much! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taco23)
    Nope. I got a weekly ticket for £15 when I used to catch it.

The number 4 is discounted for students though, at least it was when I was at Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    Nope. I got a weekly ticket for £15 when I used to catch it.

The number 4 is discounted for students though, at least it was when I was at Uni.
    where does the no.4 take you/pick you up from?

ReputationRep:
    Goes from Acomb, to the train station to town (cliford street) to university road and terminates at Heslington hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    Goes from Acomb, to the train station to town (cliford street) to university road and terminates at Heslington hall.
    I believe the student return is only valid as far as the station though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.