ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't buy one :P

ReputationRep:
    Are you...
    - a girl?
    - into games by nintendo?
    - not a hardcore games?

ReputationRep:
    there good fun, with a few games like mariocart and the sports ones. But i wouldn[t bother with serious games because the controlls are just naff for that sort of thing. I haven't used wii motion plus but it seems pretty cool. Problem is, to get the best from your wii, you have to spend a lot of money on wii motion plus and wii fit, steering wheels etc. It really depends on what type of gaming you want and how much you have to blow. If you want some serious gaming, don't bother, if you want a bit of fun and you have cash to spare. Sure why not.

ReputationRep:
    I'd only buy a wii considering it has guitar hero

Wii is **** don't buy one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntoineUK)
    I'd only buy a wii considering it has guitar hero
    It does, i have it on wii, only problem is for every instrument you need a remote, so i had to buy two more remotes which cost me £80 on top of £150 for the game and the instruments!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Are you...
    - a girl?
    - not a hardcore games?
    yes to all the above - does this mean i'm best suited to a Wii :p:

ReputationRep:
    I had a wii but sold it.

the games area ALL crap, the motion sensing is 100% gimik since the only games that were fairly good barely used it, though i am yet to try the motion plus.

Also nintendo are +*@+$ who make their console rediculously cheap, but for the for the games to be any fun at all you'll need another three wii remotes (£25?) another three nunchucks (£15) AND now for anything with motion sensing worth playing the wii motion+s at £30 a pop. also the wii remotes eat bataries like snacks so be prepared to buy a decent rechargable battary set or a hell of alot of battarties.

Also dont be pulled in by the adverts. most of the movements you see on the adverts arnt actually required, its just the people acting out the game

ReputationRep:
    The Wii probably shines the most when played in groups at parties, get togethers, with the family etc it really shows it's potential. Of all the next gen consoles it doesn't have the best graphics but does boost good interactivity and gameplay.

If you like the idea of swinging a Wii remote to cause your Mii to do the action on the screen then it's probably for you, otherwise if you want more serious gameplay and high end graphics the other next gen consoles or a gaming PC would be better.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at it from a social viewpoint i.e. for UNI in Sep/Oct ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Are you...
    - a girl?
    - not a hardcore games?
    yes to all the above - does this mean i'm best suited to a Wii

ReputationRep:
    wiis are quite good for partys that sort of thing and they are definitley different to other consoles but overall i prefer my xbox 360, its alot cheaper and its fun to play online

ReputationRep:
    and btw, I'm a bloke - fan of great games like warcraft etc^^ so a slight CPU nerd ! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . sav .)
    yes to all the above - does this mean i'm best suited to a Wii
    Yes Buy a Wii now

ReputationRep:
    Nobody plays Wii games. Even in halls, the novelty wears off in days and then you're left with a useless console that doesn't do anything except collect dust. Don't buy one.

People are far more likely to come over if you buy a PS3 or 360.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntoineUK)
    Yes Buy a Wii now
    excellent. i love a good panic buy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawstude)
    Looking at it from a social viewpoint i.e. for UNI in Sep/Oct ^_^
    Wii's are super fun to play with your friends, especially Mario Kart if you all get a wheel. I think it's the best console to play with other people.
    It's fun for people who aren't hardcore gamers.

ReputationRep:
    Get one, ignore some of the posts above saying "omg motion controlz gimmick LOLZ!" because if they were then surely Sony and Microsoft wouldn't be following suit? If you do buy one, get Wii Motion Plus as well, with Wii Sports Resort, it's supposed to be a really good package and it will futureproof you for any potential Motion Plus games in the coming months and years.

In regards to games I would personally recommend these:
    Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Wii Sports Resort
    Super Mario Galaxy - MUST BUY
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Mario Kart Wii
    Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Plus I'm sure there's a whole bunch of more casual games that I'm sure you'll love, buy make sure to do some research and don't by ***** like Carnival Games. Future wise, there's a crapton of awesome games coming out that have been shown or at least announced:

Zelda Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Metroid: Other M
    Red Steel 2
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    Dead Space: Extraction
    Sin And Punishment 2

So yeah, I would definitely say go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy a Wii :indiff: I traded mine in a couple of years ago and never looked back.

The motion controls don't even work half the time lol. There were so many games I either couldn't complete or play at all because the motion controls were broken. COD3 being the notable example, where the vehicle would just go round and round in circles and I couldn't progress any further.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.