Turn on thread page Beta

testing the hand brake-confusion?! watch

ReputationRep:
    This is the answer that seems to be everywhere, the thing is I dont understand this blue bit

'Apply the footbrake firmly brake that when it is fully. Demonstrate by applying parking (handbrake) applied it secures itself, and is not at the end of the working travel. '

What does this mean, and as this is a show me question would you just put the footbrake on and then the handbrake on and show that the car is secure?

ReputationRep:
    We've had this exact thread several times before.. do a search.

The above poster is talking complete ******** by the way. The handbrake is on a ratchet and can't fall down even if the brakes aren't working.

ReputationRep:
    Why not ask in your thread which is still on the same page as this one was?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=976233

ReputationRep:
    you don't really need to know what it means- if you say that in your test that's all they want to hear.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Elementric)
    We've had this exact thread several times before.. do a search.

The above poster is talking complete ******** by the way. The handbrake is on a ratchet and can't fall down even if the brakes aren't working.
    oops :o: They asked this exact question in the test, i said that and i didn't even get a minor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweethunni01)
    as this is a show me question would you just put the footbrake on and then the handbrake on and show that the car is secure?
    Yes, and mention the tension. The end of the working travel is where the handbrake movement reaches a sudden hard stop instead of getting gradually tighter and harder to pull. A bit like opening a door as wide as you can and it hits the wall. The handbrake shouldn't "hit the wall" so to speak.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 24, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.