Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

DT Resistant Materials Coursework : Topic = Accessibility Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm having this HUGE problem with thinking of an idea for my DT resistant materials coursework which we are supposed to be starting on next year. The topic our teacher chose for us was accessibility and we could choose which group of people to work on e.g. a grabber for an old person or maybe some kind of product for a young child with downsyndrome

The topic I've chosen is ergonomics for pregnant women. :confused: Sounds rather...impossible I know but it's kind of too late for me to change my little 'topic'. I've tried considering LOADS of ideas including grabbers and chairs but a friend of mine in class is doing a grabber for old people with dexterity problems already and my teacher says that my project shouldn't be too big and if was gonna be something to do with a workstation etc., it should be some kind of equipment that you could stick onto a desk or a chair.

The thing is, is that I've tried researching DOZENS of things and I STILL cannot come up with a project or idea of some sort. :rant: At first I was thinking of making some kind of equipment that helps with exercise[possibly yoga]that the pregnant woman can take to work and stick it onto her chair or something. But after researching for yoga poses for pregnant women, most of the poses have to be done on the floor.

So this is it. I'm stuck and I can't think of anything else. :argh: I would truly appreciate it if someone can suggest an idea or something to me before summer is over :please:

myka551 :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Try to find some women who are / have recently been pregnant and ask them what things in particular they found uncomfortable.

You can then use this as primary research and put a sheet on it in your coursework...

Oh and yeh that is a tough subject !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.