Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well like many of you... i'm wandering if i will cry or laugh (or a bit of both) seeing as my predicted grades are riding on unit 2 since they contribute much more to AS-level grades more so than unit 1....:p:
    i have done biology chemistry maths and psychology.. a total of 5 exams ( 2 for maths m1 and C2) im hoping for 5 A'S only joking 3A'S and 2B'S probably for maths ( C2 MEI was totally rubbish nothing like the past papers:mad: )

ReputationRep:
    There is a mahoosive thread dedicated to AS/A2 Level results in the AS/A2/VCE section.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that. And also, it's not very soon... it's ages away.

ReputationRep:
    laugh out loud =p... i don't know what you class as "soon"..
    now i come to think of that term is very subjective... but it's less than a month a away therefore it's very close in my eyes.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Yes that. And also, it's not very soon... it's ages away.
    This.

The sooner I believe it's close, the sooner I'll start freaking out about it.

ReputationRep:
    ive already decided to look at unis that dont pay too much attention to AS levels but look at GCSE and A level predictors a lot more as i have no chance of getting an A in chemistry. atleast ive learnt to actually work hard next year

ReputationRep:
    i have no chance of getting an A in chemistry.
    don't put your self down... although the unit 2 exam for chemistry AQA was very hard which was a shame since i went into the exam relaxed thinking it was going to be a breeze... the only breeze i felt was a cold one down my spine....

i absolutely love chemistry i just hate my teachers ( one of them any way)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexis 123)
    don't put your self down... although the unit 2 exam for chemistry AQA was very hard which was a shame since i went into the exam relaxed thinking it was going to be a breeze... the only breeze i felt was a cold one down my spine....

i absolutely love chemistry i just hate my teachers ( one of them any way)
    thankyou but i feel its actually a physical impossibility after the amount of questions i didnt answer and the amount that i got wrong definitely pushed my Unit 2 well under the A boundary

ReputationRep:
    Well.. if your in that situation... you better start going over the A2 specification during the summer... it may seem quite sad but if it means you get a top notch A grade at the end of the A-level then so be it... just do like an 1 hour every day ( its not that long you have 23 hours to your self)

i shall be doing the exact same thing to help me through unit 4.. especially with september bieng taken over by PS and UCAS ...

ReputationRep:
    Revising during the summer for an A Level exam in January? Are you guys actually ******* mental?

ReputationRep:
    Revising during the summer for an A Level exam in January? Are you guys actually ******* mental?
    Well matt^^ can't achieve his A grade in chemistry with out getting 90+ at A2 exam... so i'm saying have a read through the spec don't revise for it though and thats not what i said any way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :ditto: :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    Well matt^^ can't achieve his A grade in chemistry with out getting 90+ at A2 exam... so i'm saying have a read through the spec don't revise for it though and thats not what i said any way
    :giggle:

You were saying don't revise for it? So does that mean that you were just insulting the bloke by telling him to spend an hour a day on it, by suggesting it would take him him that long to simply read through the spec?

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:

You were saying don't revise for it? So does that mean that you were just insulting the bloke by telling him to spend an hour a day on it, by suggesting it would take him him that long to simply read through the spec?

oh my god your twisting my words :mad: ... and to set the record straight.. if i was in his shoes i would start getting ahead of every one in class so that i know i will achieve that top A grade:woo:
    and on a final note.. what i say to matt^^ doesn't concern you in anyway shape or form....:yes:

PS: what happened to your hot lindsey lohan picture :p: :p: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I did revise for my English A-Level January exam throughout the whole summer, and thank god I did too, as it made my life so much easier around October, when I could concentrate On Biology and not bother much with English.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be revising in the summer - this is what TSR turns you into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    I'll be revising in the summer - this is what TSR turns you into.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    oh my god your twisting my words :mad:
    Can't see how I've twisted your words in the slightest.

... and to set the record straight.. if i was in his shoes i would start getting ahead of every one in class so that i know i will achieve that top A grade:woo:
    I've seen people revise 6 months before an exam, and in general it fares them no better. Mainly because they get disillusioned and demotivated after so many months and crash.

So personally I dispute the fact that starting to revise now will give you a headstart.

and on a final note.. what i say to matt^^ doesn't concern you in anyway shape or form....:yes:
    Not directly, but if I feel you're giving bad advice it is my moral obligation to offer a different point of view.

PS: what happened to your hot lindsey lohan picture :p: :p: :cool:
    I decided to replace it now I can swap big pictures again. I dare say she'll return at some point, but thanks for your concern.

ReputationRep:
    opps. i seem to accidently caused a slight disagreement.

anyways i shan't be doing any revision for it this summer as im more worried about the pressing matter of a personal statement and a ukcat exam that needs doing.
    i would have got an A if i had bothered to revise properly, which is a lesson learned.

and yeh jonny what happened to your old pic, i liked it more

ReputationRep:
    I would never have guessed Lindsay Lohan would be so popular. :teeth:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.