Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well like many of you... i'm wandering if i will cry or laugh (or a bit of both) seeing as my predicted grades are riding on unit 2 since they contribute much more to AS-level grades more so than unit 1....:p:
    i have done biology chemistry maths and psychology.. a total of 5 exams ( 2 for maths m1 and C2) im hoping for 5 A'S only joking 3A'S and 2B'S probably for maths ( C2 MEI was totally rubbish nothing like the past papers:mad: )

ReputationRep:
    There is a mahoosive thread dedicated to AS/A2 Level results in the AS/A2/VCE section.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that. And also, it's not very soon... it's ages away.

ReputationRep:
    laugh out loud =p... i don't know what you class as "soon"..
    now i come to think of that term is very subjective... but it's less than a month a away therefore it's very close in my eyes.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Yes that. And also, it's not very soon... it's ages away.
    This.

The sooner I believe it's close, the sooner I'll start freaking out about it.

ReputationRep:
    ive already decided to look at unis that dont pay too much attention to AS levels but look at GCSE and A level predictors a lot more as i have no chance of getting an A in chemistry. atleast ive learnt to actually work hard next year

ReputationRep:
    i have no chance of getting an A in chemistry.
    don't put your self down... although the unit 2 exam for chemistry AQA was very hard which was a shame since i went into the exam relaxed thinking it was going to be a breeze... the only breeze i felt was a cold one down my spine....

i absolutely love chemistry i just hate my teachers ( one of them any way)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexis 123)
    don't put your self down... although the unit 2 exam for chemistry AQA was very hard which was a shame since i went into the exam relaxed thinking it was going to be a breeze... the only breeze i felt was a cold one down my spine....

i absolutely love chemistry i just hate my teachers ( one of them any way)
    thankyou but i feel its actually a physical impossibility after the amount of questions i didnt answer and the amount that i got wrong definitely pushed my Unit 2 well under the A boundary

ReputationRep:
    Well.. if your in that situation... you better start going over the A2 specification during the summer... it may seem quite sad but if it means you get a top notch A grade at the end of the A-level then so be it... just do like an 1 hour every day ( its not that long you have 23 hours to your self)

i shall be doing the exact same thing to help me through unit 4.. especially with september bieng taken over by PS and UCAS ...

ReputationRep:
    Revising during the summer for an A Level exam in January? Are you guys actually ******* mental?

ReputationRep:
    Revising during the summer for an A Level exam in January? Are you guys actually ******* mental?
    Well matt^^ can't achieve his A grade in chemistry with out getting 90+ at A2 exam... so i'm saying have a read through the spec don't revise for it though and thats not what i said any way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :ditto: :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    Well matt^^ can't achieve his A grade in chemistry with out getting 90+ at A2 exam... so i'm saying have a read through the spec don't revise for it though and thats not what i said any way
    :giggle:

You were saying don't revise for it? So does that mean that you were just insulting the bloke by telling him to spend an hour a day on it, by suggesting it would take him him that long to simply read through the spec?

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:

You were saying don't revise for it? So does that mean that you were just insulting the bloke by telling him to spend an hour a day on it, by suggesting it would take him him that long to simply read through the spec?

oh my god your twisting my words :mad: ... and to set the record straight.. if i was in his shoes i would start getting ahead of every one in class so that i know i will achieve that top A grade:woo:
    and on a final note.. what i say to matt^^ doesn't concern you in anyway shape or form....:yes:

PS: what happened to your hot lindsey lohan picture :p: :p: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I did revise for my English A-Level January exam throughout the whole summer, and thank god I did too, as it made my life so much easier around October, when I could concentrate On Biology and not bother much with English.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be revising in the summer - this is what TSR turns you into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    I'll be revising in the summer - this is what TSR turns you into.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    oh my god your twisting my words :mad:
    Can't see how I've twisted your words in the slightest.

... and to set the record straight.. if i was in his shoes i would start getting ahead of every one in class so that i know i will achieve that top A grade:woo:
    I've seen people revise 6 months before an exam, and in general it fares them no better. Mainly because they get disillusioned and demotivated after so many months and crash.

So personally I dispute the fact that starting to revise now will give you a headstart.

and on a final note.. what i say to matt^^ doesn't concern you in anyway shape or form....:yes:
    Not directly, but if I feel you're giving bad advice it is my moral obligation to offer a different point of view.

PS: what happened to your hot lindsey lohan picture :p: :p: :cool:
    I decided to replace it now I can swap big pictures again. I dare say she'll return at some point, but thanks for your concern.

ReputationRep:
    opps. i seem to accidently caused a slight disagreement.

anyways i shan't be doing any revision for it this summer as im more worried about the pressing matter of a personal statement and a ukcat exam that needs doing.
    i would have got an A if i had bothered to revise properly, which is a lesson learned.

and yeh jonny what happened to your old pic, i liked it more

ReputationRep:
    I would never have guessed Lindsay Lohan would be so popular. :teeth:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.