Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to pay off the money owed on this card in store, with cash? Because I'm sure the shop assistant said so when I got the card, but on their website this isn't mentioned.

I'm really starting to regret signing up for that card....

Any help appreciated! Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Hey :hello: If I were you, I would just get rid of the card tbh: it's just far too much hassle. It's got trouble written all over it. I made the mistake of asking my dad getting one for me- so much paperwork and phonecall to credit debitors to check that you're alright to get one: because the Warehouse card is a credit card not a store card like what they offer in Boots. If you fail to pay back what you spent on your card within a limited time then like credit cards you get charged crazy amounts of interest ontop of what you already owe. That and the offer of 10% of whatever discount off what you get off your purchase by flashing your Warehous Card catches alot of people out. As soon as my dad got the card through the post, he had it closed down. So if you've already activated your card then try to pay it off asap.

Sorry I don't know whether you can pay it off instore with cash though.:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    :hello: Hey :hello: If I were you, I would just get rid of the card tbh: it's just far too much hassle. It's got trouble written all over it. I made the mistake of asking my dad getting one for me- so much paperwork and phonecall to credit debitors to check that you're alright to get one: because the Warehouse card is a credit card not a store card like what they offer in Boots. If you fail to pay back what you spent on your card within a limited time then like credit cards you get charged crazy amounts of interest ontop of what you already owe. That and the offer of 10% of whatever discount off what you get off your purchase by flashing your Warehous Card catches alot of people out. As soon as my dad got the card through the post, he had it closed down. So if you've already activated your card then try to pay it off asap.

Generally a store card is a credit card. Normally with higher interest too. I'm not familiar with boots however, you might be thinking of their points card.

ReputationRep:
    I would think so, you can with a river island one and new look one.

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Hey :hello: If I were you, I would just get rid of the card tbh: it's just far too much hassle. It's got trouble written all over it.
    I was thinking the same thing. The shop assistant basically talked me into it, and by the time I was having second thoughts and realising that the discount wasn't that good, there was paperwork everywhere and she was on the phone to the head office.

Damn my inability to say no!

ReputationRep:

The boots card is a loyalty card, its not the same at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    The boots card is a loyalty card, its not the same at all!
    Ah I see!:o: Thanks for filling me in on that! All these different cards and finance things are more than a tad confusing!:woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.