The Student Room Group

How to get rid of a girl - without been a ****!

Long story short.

Meet a girl. Took her out last night. She seems Keen, im not so keen on her. Im off to uni in like 6 weeks so no real point as i want to go down single. whats a good way to not see her again girls??

im thinking:

1. just dont text back or anything - makes me look bit of a c to the u to the n to the t.

2. ''you reminded me too much of my ex!!'' - might work

3. 'im off to uni so i dont really see the point' - bit tite.

girls whats a good way to let a lass down without a punch in the face.

im normally good at this! dam im losing my touch:mad:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:lolwut:

Just tell her: Not so keen, uni in 6 weeks, one date.

She'll pretty much get it....
"I don't like you."
I'm in the same situation. Thing is I like the girl but I really don't want a relationship. So personally I will continue to dodge any longterm questions whilst having fun in the short term. I get a lot of Q's though like are we now going out etc... Don't really want to settle tbh. Not till uni.
don't say i dont like you. that would hurt. say the uni thing - everyones heard about the situation and people generally agree going to uni single is best. tell her the uni thing - dont make her think its her thats the problem (even if it is)
"I don't think this will work, I'm going away in a few weeks and trying to keep it going long distance wouldn't be fair on you"
Talk to her and be honest.
Just tell her you're off to uni and don't think it'll work out..

Can i just ask though - why did you take her out if you're not so keen on her?
Reply 8
Tell her the truth. Hardly harsh, it's completely understandable why you wouldn't want to get into anything just before uni.
Reply 9
just tell her the truth! that you dont want to start a relationship because your going away soon, its better then tellin her you dont like her! that will knock her down a bit. I think id rather know the truth ! Then getting her hopes up or just thinking your a *** for egnoring her.
Reply 10
Tell her the truth, that you like her, but you're going away and think it's a bad idea.
Tell her she reminds you of your sister. She'll probably laugh, then no damage done whatsoever.
Reply 12
"Sorry, I just realized where I recognized you from. I slept with your mother a while back"

Problem solved
Reply 13
Honesty is the best policy - by lying and saying all this "you remind me of my sister/ex/aunt/mum" you're insulting her.

Just say you don't want a relationship and that you're going to uni and just want some fun.... no matter what you do, if she's really into you, she's gonna feel a little bit sad - so better to at least be honest.

latot
Reply 14
Tell her the truth? She'll probably understand, especially if she's going to uni soon as well. If you just ignore her or lie to make up some other excuse, she will think you're a C-unit.
Reply 15
Say you're allergic to dogs.
..tell her the truth
You should tell hurt the truth and not imagine excuses. You don't like her as much as she likes you and you're gonna go to uni so you're not ready for a relationship.
Reply 18
Anonymous
Just tell her you're off to uni and don't think it'll work out..

Can i just ask though - why did you take her out if you're not so keen on her?

i wanted to watch bruno...my mates went when i was full of cold and stuck in bed. hahaha

she seemed pritty fit first time i saw her....although i was drunk. she still is quite fit but she seems really girly - like 16year old girl girly if u get me...she dont act 19 at all. and her face was layered with make up. i hate make up, it gets all over your pillow cases and bedsheets in the morning!!
Anonymous
i wanted to watch bruno...my mates went when i was full of cold and stuck in bed. hahaha

she seemed pritty fit first time i saw her....although i was drunk. she still is quite fit but she seems really girly - like 16year old girl girly if u get me...she dont act 19 at all. and her face was layered with make up. i hate make up, it gets all over your pillow cases and bedsheets in the morning!!

You used her so you could go see Bruno..?
Just talk to her and let her know that you're going to Uni soon and don't want to do the whole long distance thing
That way she won't be hurt :smile:

How funny is Bruno!

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending