Turn on thread page Beta

Have you saved up money before you start uni in september? watch

ReputationRep:
    If so, how much?
    Since I finished my A-levels i've been working nearly full time at a supermarket and I now have nearly 4 grand saved up. I just wondered what position others are in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in roughly the same position as you thankfully. Should help keep me alive

ReputationRep:
    Not a single penny.

ReputationRep:
    wow thats really good I've been working since I was 16 but I'm only gonna have around 1.5 in the bank by the start of uni, really don't know where all my other earnings went!

ReputationRep:
    I've never had enough money to save, whatever I make I live off.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have anything saved. My parents advised me not to work and live my childhood, so now, they are paying for all my Uni costs.

ReputationRep:
    I wish there was an anon button.

I've saved a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have about.. £1,500, not that it will last long.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. :/

ReputationRep:
    I've got about £800 saved (I have saved about £80 each month from work).

Shame they want £1,826 as soon as I start uni just for accommodation...!

ReputationRep:
    I've got around 3-4K stashed away in bank accounts that I've saved up from working.

ReputationRep:
    I never saved anything as uni was a last minute thing for me-having a year of so if i manage to find a job then this time I'll save.

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    I've not saved anything. But I've been given about £1,700 from my Grandfather. I used £200 already to pay for half of a new laptop for University, I dunno how long it will last. =s

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same position as you OP. Around 4000. I'm working now tho, so hopefully it will be a bit more before september!

ReputationRep:
    I've been working in a supermarket since my A levels too - I'm hoping to have £2k+ saved up by October!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a penny saved!! i think it is harder to save when you have got a regular wage coming in and you know your outgoings everymonth...you live within your means!!
    I get the full loan and grant when I start uni and I have a summer job but I am still going to be skint!! I vow not to go into my overdraft though...they are so pointless, you end up living on it throughout uni!

ReputationRep:
    I've got about 6k from two years of working weekends at tesco, so that should help a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been able to get a job as I've been really busy... so unfortunately I currently had nothing.

I did have a uni fund that my grandad gave to me (with, I think about £5000 in it)... but my parents spent it when I was younger... so unfortunately I don't have that either.

ReputationRep:
    its great to know there are people with less money saved up than me.
    Iv'e got about £4000 saved which should tied me over to the second year (touch wood).
    Is that enough i wonder.

ReputationRep:
    I've got about £2000 saved up, and I get a grant but I know that's not going to be enough...I'll need to get a job at uni and in the holidays. But cba to get a job this holiday - I want to enjoy it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.