Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How difficult is it to get a B in gcse maths?? I’m not in school. Is it possible to study for GCSE maths in a year ?

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on your aptittude for the subject.

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't be too hard if you're any good at it, although how recently you've done Maths would also have some bearing on your ability to do it

ReputationRep:
    Not really that challenging.

ReputationRep:
    very easy if you've got a reasonable grasp for maths

ReputationRep:
    I moved from a D and an E on my Year 10 mocks to a solid A. I did a past paper every week, had a maths tutor and just threw myself into revision. You just really need to go for it, don't expect it to just happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR234)
    Is it possible to study for GCSE maths in a year ?
    Very possible but I think you should be comfortable with the subject too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    I moved from a D and an E on my Year 10 mocks to a solid A. I did a past paper every week, had a maths tutor and just threw myself into revision. You just really need to go for it, don't expect it to just happen.
    could you, or someone explain the gcse timetable structure to me. When doing GCSE Maths do you have to do only two exam papers or more ?? I got the timetable for GCSE maths http://www.modernisationonline.org.u...le/search.aspx would you explain to me which one's or dates you have to do the exam on ...its confusing, I'm from the us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR234)
    How difficult is it to get a B in gcse maths?? I’m not in school. Is it possible to study for GCSE maths in a year ?
    did you just quote me?

ReputationRep:
    did you just quote me?
    yeah, can you explain the GCSE maths timetable http://www.modernisationonline.org.u...le/search.aspx, i thought there was only two exam papers, this is so confusing sorry but i'm from the US

ReputationRep:
    did you just quote me?
    yeah, wound you explain the GCSE timetable to me...i though there was only two exam papers in maths. its confusing , i'm from the us
    i look at AQA timetable is really confusing would you explain it to me...plx i hope this comment does not go missing like that last one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR234)
    yeah, wound you explain the GCSE timetable to me...i though there was only two exam papers in maths. its confusing , i'm from the us
    i look at AQA timetable is really confusing would you explain it to me...plx i hope this comment does not go missing like that last one
    I was on Edexcel, I did 2 papers. I'm sure AQA do too, but someone else would verify it. Look at what spec you're on, and type that into the AQA website.

ReputationRep:
    I did my maths GCSE in Novemeber 2007, and from what I remember is there were two exams, one calculator and one non calculator.

Where I am at college some people can choose to do Maths GCSE if they failed it first time around & that only takes a year ..

ReputationRep:
    not hard at all

ReputationRep:
    so does anyone know what books or study guides books i should by to study GCSE Maths ?? thnx

ReputationRep:
    CGP GCSE Mathematics.

(Foundation or higher, you'll want higher)

ReputationRep:
    If you do AQA, there's a linear where you have 2 exams at the end of the year, one non-calculator, one calculator, or there's modular, where you have one exam for module one, one for module three and two for module five.

You can easily do it in a year, I did it in a year (did GCSE stats in year 10 first lol) and wasn't difficult, got A*s in Modules one and three and I'm looking at an A/A* overall

Best books are the CGP ones and as previously said the best way to revise is just to do lots of past papers and then look at where you went wrong and go over those specific parts again until you understand it.

Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR234)
    You can do it.

In year 10, my first year of GCSE, I didn't do anything, I was in one of the bottom sets and predicted a D. Come mid year 11 though and that all changed, I realised I needed to work my ass off if I wanted to get anywhere, so, I did. I worked and put a lot of effort in and came out with a grade B. It was phenomenal!! Greatest moment ever.

With hard work, and putting your mind to it you can do anything you want!

Good luck!! :ahee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.