Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what happens? how do you get involved?

ReputationRep:
    Make the effort.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Go along to all the events, make friends, and join in with as much as you can. Not all the fun is had in the halls, remember there's some pretty damn cool events they're going to be holding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitfox)
    There are events the weekend before freshers' week officially starts that are aimed at local and privately housed students. You'll make friends there, trust me
    And you should get a guide to the freshers' activities posted to you in august/september sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitfox)
    I was in your position last year.

basically its absolutly essential you befrind people in your seminar group, you can allways join in with their flat when they go out

also theres a whole range of activities on the go for everyone so get involved.

and remember the SU during freshers week is where you'll make ur best friends. so have a few JD and Cokes, and start talking to people

ReputationRep:
    There should be "city" reps for those who aren't in halls, where you meet them somewhere in the city centre (I presume!) so you can head out to all the same places as all the other freshers. They also help look after you if you've got any problems. Check out the SU website (trentstudents.org I think) to see what the craic is and if there are particular meeting points. It might be a bit early for that now, but closer to the time there should be more info.

As Ethers says, meeting people on your course is always key, so you can meet them during the week and head out with them. Trent are good at making freshers week as good as possible for all students. I know that they have lots of different events on during the week, language tasters, exercise classes, meet ups for mature/international students...there's going to be loads of opportunities for you to get involved and meet new people so don't worry about it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.