Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This was advertised on the employment4students webiste and thought it seemed an easy way to make a little money when you have some spare time.

Crowdology™ is an online research community, which rewards members for participating in online market research Surveys (paying you for your opinion). Our clients are leading consumer brands, media, advertising, Public relations and publishing companies, who want to measure opinions on a wide range of subjects.

Crowdology™ surveys are varied and often focus on current issues or fun ideas with most of the surveys ranging from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. Examples of recent polls include, spending and saving patterns in the credit crunch, knowledge of cooking, wasting food, things you cant live without on holiday, the pains of looking good, celebrities who wear glasses, frustrations of online shopping, and using plastic bags to save the environment.

The amount of money you receive depends on the length and type of survey, from £0.50 up to £10 or more.

All you need to do is register, answers some basic questions about yourself, and your interests. Most surveys are relevant to all people, while others are more relevant for people with particular interests, areas, or age groups.As soon as you have signed up, you will be eligible to complete.

Rewards are accumulated as soon as surveys are undertaken, and your rewards are paid into your bank account via PayPal. We do not operate complex points systems, and the rewards are simple – cash payment for your time via your PayPal account. You can start claiming your rewards after accumulating just £2.50 in your account, so you don’t have to wait too long before claiming your money.

To register - click apply below and complete registration with Crowdology

Now this may be fully genuine, but I'm just a liitle cautious with regards to giving bank details etc. so the money can be payed in. What do you think of this?

Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother. There is ALWAYS a catch.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit iffy to me. I hope it's genuine, though...

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of these around. Money Supermarket has lots of info on these and actually recommends these for students looking to earn a bit of cash. I'm signed up to a couple, but I've not used them yet.

ReputationRep:
    I know my dad does a survey thing that he gets paid for... although he often just donates anything he gets to charity.

I'd say it was possibly genuine. They do exist.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a scam, but as Irrelevance has pointed out, there is the small catch that is you not earning anything for your first £2.50 worth of surveys.

Other than that it seems legit. Payments are made through PayPal so any fraud etc on their behalf seems extremely unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .X.alysha.X.)

Now this may be fully genuine, but I'm just a liitle cautious with regards to giving bank details etc. so the money can be payed in. What do you think of this?

Thanks for reading.
    I honestly think that this is genuine, but don't hold me to it! You don't have to disclose any information about your bank account (number, sort code, etc) because it says it's done by PayPal. All you supply to the survey people is your PayPal registered email address and your away.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds dodgy... never heard of anyone using them.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's genuine, things like that do exist Companies spend loads on market research. obviously still be wary about giving out any bank details and stuff, and be prepared for junk email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Cool)
    It's not a scam, but as Irrelevance has pointed out, there is the small catch that is you not earning anything for your first £2.50 worth of surveys.

Other than that it seems legit. Payments are made through PayPal so any fraud etc on their behalf seems extremely unlikely.
    No. It means that you can't start collecting your money until you have £2.50 or more in your account.

I take part in a lot of these survey things and yes, they are genuine. Most annoying for me is that you have to 'save up' your money before you can claim it, some of the ones I used to use only give you vouchers or crap prizes, some surveys are long and you get bored (30mins) and most annoyingly, I find that I don't qualify for many surveys (e.g. because I don't make household decisions on what TV to buy, or I haven't been on holiday recently, or I don't read fashion magazines, etc.) - if you're not the type of person they're looking for, you can go weeks without being able to take part in a survey.

£2.50 account withdrawal minimum is very good, cash only rewards is very good and the use of Paypal is very good. It seems genuine to me, I might just sign up myself!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, loads of junk emails!

ReputationRep:
    This sounds painfully similar to YouGov.com which is basically the same thing. There are 2 catches:

a) For most surveys you don't get instant money, you're entered in a prize draw

b) They only give you surveys to complete once a week, very rarely.

ReputationRep:
    I did that and i got £13 for taking a survey, a win win situation. hmm..

ReputationRep:
    You'll normally get about £0.10 - £0.25 per survey. For the ones you earn a few pounds etc you normally need to sign up to the website with a credit card. There's some great stories of these websites on other forums. I remember one guy who actually signed up using a CC and got $10 credited to his survey account, when his credit card bill came in, they had charged $50 to it.

ReputationRep:
    My sister does it from time to time, she's earned about £30 overall

ReputationRep:
    You'd be better off spending your time doing face-to-face sales for charities. More money there for sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.