Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ookay so well.. after telling a guy that i met online tht i thought of him as more than a friend we decided to meet up. we realised that he also knew one of my family members so didnt seem werid.

We have met up a few times since then, speak on the phone and online. I really like him and he says that he likes me too. however he says that he couldnt go out with someone that was not a christian like him. Before i had met him i had been thinking about it and am now at the stage where i am searching god and believe that i will be saved soon. He is not pushing me into it, nor am i doing it for him.

I am confused as to what to do, as i dont want to keep seeing him and then just turn into friends at the end of it, i dont think i would be able to cope with this. at the same time..am i making a big deal out of nothing? :s

ReputationRep:
    From what I can tell, he wants you to be a Christian.

Depends how much of a devout Christian he wants you to be, but generally speaking, people who only get with people who are the same religion are not worth it if you don't believe in that religion. Hold your own views and someone similar to you in personality is bound to come up sooner or later

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't think he's worth your time if he would reject you on the basis of religion.

ReputationRep:
    If you could easily not be with you because of a difference in religion - then he isn't the kind of guy I would want to spend alot of my time with...

i dont want to be a christian because he wants me to be, im doing it for myself and before i started talking to him i had been thinking about it anyways.

i suppose other christians would probably understand why he says this

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i suppose other christians would probably understand why he says this
    x
    I think rather a lot of them don't share his view on that.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe hes just finding a excuse so not to ruin what you have. My boyfriends not a christian and i would not push him to be so. You sound as if you are independent on this, researched your local area for churches? Theres no rush in finding God, he's always there for you What really brought me closer in my faith and thousands of others was a christian event called Springharvest which takes place every year, have a google if you like :]

edit: Try to find out if there is a alpa course running near you; http://uk.alpha.org/ 'Alpha is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith in a relaxed setting over ten thought-provoking weekly sessions, with a day or weekend away.'

ReputationRep:
    He won't go out with you because you're not Christian?

That's terrible.

..Thanks Chipie, i will have a look

I have researched this and apparently many people do believe that it should be that way

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.