Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    LOL hahahahahahaha bad times!

ReputationRep:
    Chin up at get back out there.. keep knocking on the door mate, someone will answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazor)

For instance, last night I went out to a nightclub, was having a dance and noticed a girl staring at me. I gave her a few looks and she started giggling to her friends looking at me. However I was too much of a wimp and didn't even bother trying to talk to her or anything ... and I don't even have a valid reason!

Any advice?
    Sounds like they were wondering why you were staring at them :p: , or maybe you looked funny!

ReputationRep:
    Some of the guys on here are waaaaaaay worse than you mate. At least you can hold a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Portuguese huh?
    Happened the same with me when I was 15/16 in Coimbra, just keep trying and don't seem too desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFace)
    Sounds like they were wondering why you were staring at them :p: , or maybe you looked funny!
    haha she started staring at me first ... and she kept smiling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PauloG.)
    Portuguese huh?
    Happened the same with me when I was 15/16 in Coimbra, just keep trying and don't seem too desperate.
    I'm actually English, just live here in the Algarve

ReputationRep:
    You've had a girlfriend and you can talk to girls for hours.

You're clearly not useless with girls.

ReputationRep:
    just do it, there is no other way except to go out and talk and be upfront.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stikki)
    You've had a girlfriend and you can talk to girls for hours.

You're clearly not useless with girls.
    touché

ReputationRep:
    You're not useless with girls, because you can talk to them without having a panic attack.

You just haven't had a girlfriend in a while. Nothing wrong with that. If you find someone you like, ask her out, and see where things go. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    This is really annoying me now.

I've not had a girlfriend since I was 15 (i'm 17 now) and I'm still a virgin. I'm not the best looking guy in the world or anything but I don't feel i'm ugly and neither do my friends.

I just never seem to be able to "seal the deal".

I'm quite good with conversation and can talk to girls for hours, so I'm not really shy around them like some people but I just can never seem to take things further.

For instance, last night I went out to a nightclub, was having a dance and noticed a girl staring at me. I gave her a few looks and she started giggling to her friends looking at me. However I was too much of a wimp and didn't even bother trying to talk to her or anything ... and I don't even have a valid reason!

I was asked the other day, "someone who loves you or an endless supply of money". I answered the first and got funny looks but that's just what I really want right now!

Any advice?
    She was obviously interested - you just need to talk to more women and keep an open mind. If you can hold a decent conversation for hours, then you're definitely not useless. In short, man up :p:

ReputationRep:
    If a girl makes more than a second of eye contact with you, talk to her.

Seemed to work for me. Lass came to look at my old room before I moved house, she kept giving me the eyes, so I left my number in her drawer for when she moved in. We're off to dinner tonight... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You better than alot of guys already, just keep talking to girls and then get their number at the end of the night, then phone her and see if she want to go out for a drink or something sometime..and then you could get some action :P: But don't rush into it, wait till you find a women that you really enjoy talking to

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like you're useless with girls :tongue: Just relax, it'll happen.

ReputationRep:
    O i dno guys lolololololololz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    If a girl makes more than a second of eye contact with you, talk to her.

Seemed to work for me. Lass came to look at my old room before I moved house, she kept giving me the eyes, so I left my number in her drawer for when she moved in. We're off to dinner tonight... :yep:
    Well played sir, well played.

ReputationRep:
    haha she started staring at me first ... and she kept smiling
    arhh you blew it
    least u wont make tht mistake again

ReputationRep:
    Someone who loves you is worth incredibly more than an endless supply of money. The funny looks are probably because you said what they either wish they believed, don’t have the confidence to admit is true or don’t yet know is true.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually English, just live here in the Algarve
    In Algarve? You have no excuse then my friend :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.