The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mitothy
I would say that certainly for a top 15 uni you'd be grasping at straws. While it depends a lot on what masters you're looking to apply for, there's still a chance that with good third year grades and a good couple of years getting highly relevant work experience, proving yourself in the real world, uni's slightly lower down the rankings may give you a chance.

As for the mitigating circumstances, I'm afraid they have to be pretty serious issues, particularly if you're claiming they dropped your grades that low two years in a row, it would be issues you'd certainly know about and have reported to tutors. Also, virtually all uni's have a time limit in which you have to report the event/illness.

Don't lose all hope, but think about what you really want to do and I'm afraid you'll need to accept some harsh home truths about where you can realistically apply.

But to do an internship, they ask for a 2:1 or 1st, so it's the same conditions as doing a master:frown:

I'm thinking (well i wish) to do either a master in management or economics.
Reply 21
I would imagine that if you do well in your final year and come out with a reasonable 2.2, you can still get an actual job which would provide you with a good line on the CV and give you some good experience. Management is probably one where real world experience is looked on more favourably, so its worth looking at.

It may also be worth e-mailing some convenors for courses you like the look of and get their views, they may also suggest specific courses or training programmes which would help you.

Latest

Trending

Trending