The Student Room Group

Can anyone help?

I thought to go to a UK College from Ireland, they tell you to convert your Irish LeavingCertificate results to UCAS points to measure against the A Levels.
But many UK colleges give requirements of their own for the LC (Leeds gave AABBBB for a certain subject)They didnt specify whether these AABBBB were all higher or not.
I emailed Leeds about this and they told me that"They would be in the usual combination of Highers and Ordinarys "

What does this mean?Should i just convert their A-Level requirements for this course to UCAS points and work it out from there?
Reply 1
stainluss
I thought to go to a UK College from Ireland, they tell you to convert your Irish LeavingCertificate results to UCAS points to measure against the A Levels.
But many UK colleges give requirements of their own for the LC (Leeds gave AABBBB for a certain subject)They didnt specify whether these AABBBB were all higher or not.
I emailed Leeds about this and they told me that"They would be in the usual combination of Highers and Ordinarys "

What does this mean?Should i just convert their A-Level requirements for this course to UCAS points and work it out from there?
Email them back and ask them to be specific. They probably mean that you would need highers in the directly relevant subjects for the course you are applying for, but it's as well to get them to state exactly what they mean.

Latest

Trending

Trending