Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I already own a pair of fit-flops, which I really like. Some people think they're bull, but I find that they do work and when I wear them consistently I see a difference. I build muscle very easily so maybe that's why I've had so much success with them.

But I can't wear open-toed shoes all the time so am after these MBT shoes that apparently do the same thing but are more "drastic" according to the shop assistant.

Does anyone own these/have experience with them? Are they good? Did you see a difference and importantly, were they comfortable to wear and look ok with your jeans/trousers?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a pair....I've had them since they first came out in the uk so two years? maybe three...

they're excellent, but I would recommend wearing slightly longer trousers than usual....but yea they def work.

ReputationRep:
    They may 'work' but the emphasis is on very little - they are NO substitute for a healthy lifestyle (ie; a good diet and plenty of exercise).

If you want to be fashionable, get some fashionable shoes. If you want to make marginal (if any) improvements in your health, performance, physique, etc, get MBTs. If you want to make a significant difference in your health, performance and appearance you've got to make a conscious lifestyle choice to eat better and exercise more.

ReputationRep:

they're not shoes, get it right.

Otherwise, i have no idea.

i heard of some kevlar shoes that simulate bare-foot running, so apparently better for you (only kevlar so it protects your feet).

can never remember the name though.

otherwise ch0c is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    They may 'work' but the emphasis is on very little - they are NO substitute for a healthy lifestyle (ie; a good diet and plenty of exercise).

If you want to be fashionable, get some fashionable shoes. If you want to make marginal (if any) improvements in your health, performance, physique, etc, get MBTs. If you want to make a significant difference in your health, performance and appearance you've got to make a conscious lifestyle choice to eat better and exercise more.
    Well clearly if I was looking to be fashionable, I'd wear Louis Vuitton and if I wanted to make significant changes to my health and appearance I'd quit drinking and get a boob job! :p: Just kidding. Sort of - I said - and know - what I want and what I mean. I know exactly what I need these shoes for. I'm a size 6/8 so it really is a very marginal difference I'm aiming for.

Anywho - thanks Valkyrja - good to have a testimonial.

Anyone else use them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoshifumu)
    i heard of some kevlar shoes that simulate bare-foot running, so apparently better for you (only kevlar so it protects your feet).

can never remember the name though.

(Original post by Mark Rippetoe)
    Vibram 5 Fingers are gay.

They make you look gay.

And there are better ways to look gay.
    :indiff:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.