The Student Room Group

Going back to University

Hi guys,

I would appreciate some advice. Half way through the last academic year, it was necessary to intercalate from the University. This was due to two main reasons: financial and personal. I am due to return in September 2009, but rather concerned about meeting people again. Due to the difficulties I have encountered this year, I have been granted the opportunity to do a repeat second year with effect from September 2009. Any advice from people who have been in a simular situation would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Reply 1
Although I haven't been in your situation before, just thought I would say a few words of support. I'm sure it must feel quite daunting, but I'm sure there are plenty of people on your course who will make the adjustment easier for you (a few smiles on the first day might help break the ice?). If the social thing isn't working on your course, then you can always depend on societies and other uni events to keep your social life busy. Just remember you always have support from your lecturers and student services, and that if things are difficult there's always someone to turn to.
Take care and good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending