Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I get my period, I get REALLY bad cramps and I get sick... I get diarrhea and I vomit quite a bit. It sucks because I'm stuck at home in bed for 3-5 days every month... I was just wondering if this is normal and if it happens to anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Not to me or anyone I know well enough to tell me - one of my friends i know gets really bad cramps, but i've never asked her about this. Have you been to your doctor about this? Because although some crampings fairly normal, and my digestion goes a little bit dodgy, i wasn't aware of it being normal to have this bad a reaction every month! You have my sympathy, and I hope you find away around it

ReputationRep:
    i had a friend who was in the same situation, not sure if she went to the dr. prob a gd idea though

ReputationRep:
    you're fine and normal!

i get headache, back ache, shin ache (although this one is a more rare symptom i think!) really bad cramps, almost to the point were im physically sick with pain. and my digestion goes a bit.... well you know! too.

I dont get these EVERY time thought, some months its just cramp and headache etc

i do ALWAYS get PMT though lol i know im doing it but cant stop, i get in really viscious moods and sooo snappy :o:

ReputationRep:
    It's normal, although on the severe side! I'd advise going to your doctor and seing if you can go on the pill - they should help to lighten your flow, and hlep to reduce some of the other symptoms. you might have to go through a few pills to ifnd one which works, but it would be worth it.
    Otherwise, well no job is going to be hapy about you taking so much time off, so regularly =/ and it can't be good for you otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    You should see a doctor about that. It's untenable to be that sick every month for the next 20 to 30 years of your life. A doctor can probably prescribe you the pill to make your periods less painful.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't call the vomiting normal, but I guess it isn't outside the boundaries of normality either.

Some of us just got it real bad, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    your fine (:

ReputationRep:
    going on the pill can sometimes (in my experience) take these symptoms away. x

ReputationRep:
    I used to have similar symptoms... not quite as bad, but I would get a bad stomach and really bad cramps so I was stuck in bed for a few days a month. I went to the doctor and she gave me the pill which has worked really well so far. I think you should go to the doctor... you can't get on with life when you are stuck in bed for so long every month.

ReputationRep:
    I thought what happened to me when i was on my period was bad (just bad cramps) until i talked about it with a few of my friends and some f them had the same as you. Something that sorted it for most people ive talked to is going to the doctors and going on a contraceptive pill. Worked a charm for one person and she isnt even sexually active but it helped so well.

I had a similar problem, and the doctor offered me either the contraceptive pill, or mefenamic acid. I opted of the mefenamic acid, and it has worked really well. I suggest going to your doctor, or going to see a different GP if you're embarrassed. They'll be able to sort it out!

ReputationRep:
    I get really bad cramps sometimes too but nothing else. Hate them because they hurt so much sometimes I double over and stuff in pain. =\ it sucks.
    I'd see your gp if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    I had exactly the same symptoms as you, my doctor put me on the pill and I've had no problems since..my periods only last one day now...happy days

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.