Turn on thread page Beta

Obese 'should be given swine flu vaccine first' watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    1. This thread's already been done, please use the search function.

2. They're not the only ones to get it first, they're just one of many risk factors, including asthmatics, diabetics, etc.

3. Obesity is not always self inflicted, in fact in the morbidly obese there's very often a medical cause beyond their complete control.

4. Your disregard for people is not nice.
    Wrong. Most people can't claim any medical reason for their conditions, in fact the obesity causes a lot of the problems.
    They're fat by their own admission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Only 10% of people are obese through means out of their control, in my opinion.
    How can you formulate an opinion in the form of an exact percentage?

Sorry, bit OT but, when they *do* have swine flu vaccines for the whole country - will it be compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    Wrong. Most people can't claim any medical reason for their conditions, in fact the obesity causes a lot of the problems.
    They're fat by their own admission.
    I didn't say most, I said often. Admittedly there are loads of people who are obese by their own doing, but equally there are plenty who can't help it. You can't tar them all with the same brush.

Anyway, even if it is there own fault, that isn't a reason to deny them their right to healthcare, or to give them a potential death sentence by denying them the vaccine.

ReputationRep:
    Obesity is much as a eating disorders as Anorexia or Bulimia, just forgotten about cos, people go oh you eat too much so its your own fault
    and people that are at risk if they get swine flu, where fit and health people won't face

ReputationRep:
    Well this will help our OTT obesity rates. What with all the scare stories about, some people are scared witless of swine flu. I can easily see them thinking "Oh crap, unless I make myself fat I'm going to die of swine flu *om nom nom*"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I didn't say most, I said often. Admittedly there are loads of people who are obese by their own doing, but equally there are plenty who can't help it. You can't tar them all with the same brush.

Anyway, even if it is there own fault, that isn't a reason to deny them their right to healthcare, or to give them a potential death sentence by denying them the vaccine.
    Well first of all i'm not tarring them all with the same brush entirely, but I will make the assumption people are fat due to their own doing, until I learn differently. A very high percentage of the time I would be right.

This thread isn't about them being denied the the vaccination. It's about them getting priority because the decide to push the boundaries of perfectly evolved human form.

ReputationRep:
    The idea of giving a vaccine to a healthy non risk individual against someone higher risk is ridiculous.

Listen to how disenchanted you all are. Why would you expect it, when your risk is substantially lower. You wouldn't go to a hospital and say you want liver donation ahead of someone with liver damage, just as a precaution.

If you need it, you will get treated with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipchop92)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ine-first.html

i completly disagree. obese people should not be given preferntial treatment over people who bother to look after themselves.

they should be allowed to die

i'm a fit, healthy, well-educated young male who has a good future just like many people my age. we are the people who are going to be running the country in years to come, but we are not all immune to this disease. the government should make sure that useful, hard-working people like us shouldn't be delayed in getting a potentially life-saving vaccine, rather than some useless, thick, obese binge drinkers who already drain the government through the benefits system.

if you agree with the newspaper article, please say why. we don't need these obese people anyway, as they already put a huge strain on the NHS.
    It doesn't work like that though.

Obese person is at higher risk, they give them the injection so that they don't end up in hospital (costing you, the tax payer more money than the injection). It makes perfect sense to give it to obese people if they're at higher risk..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    In your opinion? So tell me 'TheMeister' how you came up with such an intelligent calculation? :lolwut:
    I looked at your mum.

Spoiler:
    Show

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    What would you have done? They scare me ...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    So how many young, healthy, fit people have died from swine flu, then? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I´ll donate my vaccine to the first obese person who asks for it.
    Swine flu is just government hype to keep our media reporting about the pandemic rather than the failings of this evil twisted and crooked labour government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Sorry, bit OT but, when they *do* have swine flu vaccines for the whole country - will it be compulsory?

even though you have been barred from recieving rep, +ve from me, for your sig

(Original post by King Pieb)
    even though you have been barred from recieving rep, +ve from me, for your sig
    Thanks.

It's unbelievable that people believe that made up statistics by the Government. I refuse to believe 100,000 got infected last week - not even Mexico has 1/5 of that! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Can't we just have a good old fashioned cull?
    It has been a while since i joined in a good ol' cull, people just wont allow it these days..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Thanks.

It's unbelievable that people believe that made up statistics by the Government. I refuse to believe 100,000 got infected last week - not even Mexico has 1/5 of that! :rolleyes:

******** aint it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    Well if any of tsr posts are to go by.. most guys on here think anything over a size 10 is fat so we better stock up on vaccinations!!
    No, more GIRLS on here think over size 10 is fat than guys.

"OMGGGGG I'm fat!! " "omg i look fat" "ugh i feel so fat and ugly today" .. while being in perfectly normal shape.

Come on, you should know, you're a girl.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea. The obese people are more at risk of catching the flu.

(Original post by King Pieb)
    ******** aint it.
    I agree. Anyone who believes the government statistics is retarded and need some common sense.

watched when so many people get tamiflu from the NPFU. :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.