Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A guy I've been speaking to on the internet for a long time came to England this summer and we've met up quite a few times. I really really like him, we've had some great days out together, and even before we met we told each other everything, we've really connected. He's been my first kiss and I care about him so much. But the thing is, this week he's going back to his home country and I can't bear the thought of it, I'm going to miss him so much I've never liked a boy like this, or got close to anyone like this.

I don't know how I'm going to cope, when I'm with him he makes me feel so happy, but he's leaving soon and I may never see him again, and if I do it won't be for a long time. I've been crying when I think about him leaving, I don't know what to do Can someone help me?

ReputationRep:
    Does he know?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just because he's moving away doesn't mean that you won't ever be able to talk to him again. There are loads of ways that you and him can keep in touch and sometimes long distance relationships can work out for the better. You should tell him how you feel, see what he says and maybe you and him can give it a shot. No relationship is easy and yes you will have extra hurdles but you can work through them and when you do, you and him will be stronger for it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh hai emotional attachment. You'll feel better once he's actually gone considering, at the moment, he's in the country right now and that gives the illusion he's going to stay.

I was going to ask how old you were, but unless you're about 50, it's not the end of the world.

(Original post by pamelaa)
    Does he know?
    Yes, he said he feels the same way :/

ReputationRep:
    If you both like each other why don't you try a Long distance relationship? I met my bf on the internet and we 've been together for 10 months now, currently spending all summer together which feels great :woo:
    I live in Greece btw and he in England.
    I don't know your situation ( uni, school, work ) but if you can see being able to spend some money on tickets then why cant you try it ?
    Where is he from btw ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.