Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

General Election 2010 - Who would you vote for? Watch

• View Poll Results: General Election 2010 - Who would you vote for?
    Conservative
    28.17%
    Labour
    20.43%
    Liberal Democrat
    23.22%
    Green
    6.81%
    UKIP
    5.26%
    BNP
    3.72%
    Libertarian
    5.26%
    Respect
    0.62%
    SNP
    1.86%
    DUP
    0.31%
    Sinn Fein
    1.24%
    Plaid Cymru
    0.31%
    SDLP
    0.31%
    UUP
    0%
    Health Concern
    0.31%
    Independant/Other
    2.17%

ReputationRep:
    Imagine that the General Election (which has to be next year) has been called.

Who would you vote for, and Why?

ReputationRep:
    if a system of proportional representation was in place it's likely i'd vote UKIP/Libertarian. under the current electoral system, it's likely i'll be voting tory.

ReputationRep:
    Liberal Democrats, because they speak the most sense.

ReputationRep:
    BNP.

I agree with the vast majority of their policies.

ReputationRep:
    Labour. I know they won't win, but i want them to at least remain a viable party and effective opposition, think Clegg is far to sympathetic to the Tory cause, need a party whose members and majority of backbenchers will stand for the centre left. Dont want to see a lack of opposition when the next parliament will basically be negotiating what will be cut and not much else.

ReputationRep:
    The SNP

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    Labour, the least worst option IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    Labour, because I ******* hate the Tories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Labour, because I ******* hate the Tories
    Great... Thanks for hating me.

ReputationRep:
    would have been Sinn Fein but they did something as regards a local issue 2 days ago that has annoyed me greatly so at the minute not them and i don't know who, they have til the election to make up for it...

ReputationRep:
    has anyone who votes BNP actually looked at their manifestos? I would like to know, even ignoring their racism their polocies are stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    has anyone who votes BNP actually looked at their manifestos? I would like to know, even ignoring their racism their polocies are stupid
    Yes,I have.

ReputationRep:
    Labour. I would vote Lib Dems but since it's a tightly run two horse race, any vote for Clegg instead of Brown is practically a vote for Cameron.

(Original post by mfm89)
    Labour. I know they won't win, but i want them to at least remain a viable party and effective opposition, think Clegg is far to sympathetic to the Tory cause, need a party whose members and majority of backbenchers will stand for the centre left. Dont want to see a lack of opposition when the next parliament will basically be negotiating what will be cut and not much else.
    This. It is probably certain that we'll have a tory government for at least the next two terms (as much as I'd like it to be otherwise) and labour still need to have some force in representing those of us who didn't go to Eton and don't have duck ponds or moats around our homes. Having said that, if we see the lib-dems turn a little leftward during the first tory term the idea of a coalition with labour isn't impossible, although some move towards PR will have to be brokered - and I think it probably should be anyway tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Conservative without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    No-one. 1stPTP makes voting pointless where I live.

ReputationRep:
    Yes,I have.
    Do you realise how much leaving the EU would mess up our economy?

ReputationRep:
    SNP probably, tho I reckon Labour will still get in in my constituency anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.