Turn on thread page Beta

General Election 2010 - Who would you vote for? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: General Election 2010 - Who would you vote for?
    Conservative
    28.17%
    Labour
    20.43%
    Liberal Democrat
    23.22%
    Green
    6.81%
    UKIP
    5.26%
    BNP
    3.72%
    Libertarian
    5.26%
    Respect
    0.62%
    SNP
    1.86%
    DUP
    0.31%
    Sinn Fein
    1.24%
    Plaid Cymru
    0.31%
    SDLP
    0.31%
    UUP
    0%
    Health Concern
    0.31%
    Independant/Other
    2.17%

ReputationRep:
    Shows just how badly Labour are doing when the Lib Dems are beating them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bucky!)
    Shows just how badly Labour are doing when the Lib Dems are beating them.
    Lots of students are Lib. Dems. so this can't really be taken as representative of national opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich8980)
    Lots of students are Lib. Dems. so this can't really be taken as representative of national opinion.
    The LDs beat Labour into third place in the local elections. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Labour relegated to third place in the General Election, either, even though people generally vote differently there.

It's time that the left was given some credibility and rationality again rather than the rhetoric, sleaze and spin of NuLabour.

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dem is hardly a left party. It's really more just Social Liberalism.

ReputationRep:
    Lib dems. I find their politicians quite competent, and their views reasonable yet also third partyish which is understandable. And isn't it time for a fresh party in power!

ReputationRep:
    Conservative.

When you have had a Chancellor and then Prime Minister like Gordon Brown you know you need change.

(and before you say justify that...he:

Sold off UK gold reserves at the lowest price
    Raided public sector pensions and has caused a massive deficit
    Introduced a VAT cut which did nothing
    Said he had ended boom and bust...LOL)

....I could go on....

ReputationRep:
    I would normally vote Conservative, however, David Cameron is throwing me off.
    As a result, I put UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Labour, because I ******* hate the Tories
    simple

ReputationRep:
    Conservative. Lib Dem does nothing for me, and I love my country too much to vote Labour.

ReputationRep:
    conservatives drug policy is the absolute pits. im gonna go ahead and say a pre-emptive 'way to go, *******!'

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised to find I'd voted Labour on this poll when I opened this thread. So much can change in a couple of months... now I'm certain that I won't be voting for them next year.

ReputationRep:
    UKIP for me due to their Anti-EU stance and their Libertarian leaning policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Labour, because I ******* hate the Tories
    Labour, because I also******* hate the Tories

ReputationRep:
    Liberal Democrats - labour/conservative don't seem to respect civil liberties and ideologies like innocent until proven guilty enough for my liking with all this censorship and detail keeping not to mention holding people for ludicrous amounts of time without trial under anti-terrorism laws

And the other parties are too chauvinistic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceDiveFresh)
    Liberal Democrats - labour/conservative don't seem to respect civil liberties and ideologies like innocent until proven guilty enough for my liking with all this censorship and detail keeping not to mention holding people for ludicrous amounts of time without trial under anti-terrorism laws

And the other parties are too chauvinistic
    I will correct your statement:

Liberal Democrats - The Labour party does NOT respect any liberties or rights, such as Innocent until prove guilty, coupled with censorship and the ludicrous nature of the anti-terrorism laws.

Whereas the Conservatives support freedom, liberties, rights and various other traditional laws.

But because I like to sit on the fence, I will choose the Liberal Democrats.

ReputationRep:
    can't believe this thread is still going lol. but i do think a new one will be needed soon with all the new political developments which have happened since july which would have an effect. e.g. the iraq war inquiry will have a negative effect on labour and positive effect on the lib dems, the new leader of UKIP may have turned some voters off them, yet at the same time its the only party still promising a referendum on the EU (excluding the BNP) now the conservatives have gone back on their 'casdt-iron promise' (which would surely cause some people to switch from the conservatives to UKIP), etc, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Lib Dem is hardly a left party. It's really more just Social Liberalism.
    sorry i just saw this. i havent got much time on my hands to go explaining how wrong you are here but the LibDems are most definately centre-left. and are certainly more left than Labour is right now.

"it's really just social liberalism" <-- yeh thats what makes a leftist party.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.