Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

General Election 2010 - Who would you vote for? Watch

• View Poll Results: General Election 2010 - Who would you vote for?
    Conservative
    28.17%
    Labour
    20.43%
    Liberal Democrat
    23.22%
    Green
    6.81%
    UKIP
    5.26%
    BNP
    3.72%
    Libertarian
    5.26%
    Respect
    0.62%
    SNP
    1.86%
    DUP
    0.31%
    Sinn Fein
    1.24%
    Plaid Cymru
    0.31%
    SDLP
    0.31%
    UUP
    0%
    Health Concern
    0.31%
    Independant/Other
    2.17%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    If you're a 13 year old, may I ask why exactly you prefer the Tories?
    Because their views are similar to mine.

ReputationRep:
    LOL @ Sinn Fein being on the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    Because their views are similar to mine.
    That's pretty obvious; however, I rarely see the Tories venturing into the realm of making substantive policy decisions, so I'm going to need you to be a bit more specific on that one

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives, because they are the only ones who have a chance at sorting this country out.

For all those who would vote for Labour, remember Labour don't want to win, as they'll have to live up to the consequences of their actions. In Labour the people in it for the long run would far prefer the Conservatives to be elected, make the very unpopular cutbacks and decisions needed to sort this country out, then get voted back in after the Conservatives have sorted it out.

I don't think many people on here understand the extent of the damage Browns Government have caused to this country.

ReputationRep:
    Never has an "I wouldn't vote" option been needed more. I don't trust any of them.

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty obvious; however, I rarely see the Tories venturing into the realm of making substantive policy decisions, so I'm going to need you to be a bit more specific on that one
    Mainly, I'm with the Tory's on the Environment... however apart from that, I feel that they are the best to lead us out of the recession.. which the LEFT put us into...

I could go on.. but I'm too tired today to bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Never has an "I wouldn't vote" option been needed more. I don't trust any of them.
    I ran out of space....

ReputationRep:
    Current results as of the D'hondt method:
    Conservative (29.4%): 202
    Labour (23.5%): 162
    Lib Dem (22.1%): 152
    Green (5.9%): 40
    BNP (4.4%): 30
    UKIP (2.9%): 20
    Libertarian (2.9%): 20
    SNP (2.9%): 20
    Respect (1.5%): Not enough votes
    DUP (1.5%): Not enough votes
    Sinn Fein (1.5%): Not enough votes
    Health Concern (1.5%): Not enough votes
    Plaid Cymru (0.0%): Not enough votes
    SDLP (0.0%): Not enough votes
    UUP (0.0%): Not enough votes
    IND/Other (0.0%): Not enough votes

ReputationRep:
    Mainly, I'm with the Tory's on the Environment... however apart from that, I feel that they are the best to lead us out of the recession.. which the LEFT put us into...

I could go on.. but I'm too tired today to bother.
    1. How exactly are you "with" them on the environment? All the tories have ever done is making airy statements about cutting carbon emissions, which is something you can hardly disagree with, except of course for the fact they'll be very unlikely to bring something substantive into law.
    2. How exactly do you think they're going to lead us out of the recession?
    3. Why do you think the left put us into the recession?

ReputationRep:
    Lab

ReputationRep:
    1. How exactly are you "with" them on the environment? All the tories have ever done is making airy statements about cutting carbon emissions, which is something you can hardly disagree with, except of course for the fact they'll be very unlikely to bring something substantive into law.
    2. How exactly do you think they're going to lead us out of the recession?
    3. Why do you think the left put us into the recession?
    1. Take a look at the TSR HOC - all the bills (bar 1) I have proposed is to do with the Environment.

2. Well anything better than Labour is a start.

3. Hint - Gordon Brown, Labour, Alastair "Eyebrows" Darling

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dems. I am aware though that where I live it is doubtful my vote will make a difference. My MP though Labour has something like a 20% majority, after that comes the Conservatives so I can't see the Lib Dems winning. That doesn't mean I won't vote for them though.

ReputationRep:
    Labour into 3rd place:

Conservative (29.7%): 209
    Lib Dem (24.3%): 171
    Labour (23.0%): 162
    Green (5.4%): 38
    Libertarian (4.1%): 28
    UKIP (2.7%): 19
    SNP (2.7%): 19
    BNP (1.4%): Not enough votes
    Respect (1.4%): Not enough votes
    DUP (1.4%): Not enough votes
    Sinn Fein (1.4%): Not enough votes
    Health Concern (1.4%): Not enough votes
    IND/Other (1.4%): Not enough votes
    Plaid Cymru (0.0%): Not enough votes
    SDLP (0.0%): Not enough votes
    UUP (0.0%): Not enough votes
    Votes 74 .
    The next party to obtain a seat would be Conservative instead of Labour for 1 votes.

ReputationRep:
    1. Take a look at the TSR HOC - all the bills (bar 1) I have proposed is to do with the Environment.

2. Well anything better than Labour is a start.

3. Hint - Gordon Brown, Labour, Alastair "Eyebrows" Darling
    1. How the **** does you proposing environmental bills as a Tory in a model House of Commons in any way translate into the Tories having environmental policies? Bills you propose =/= Tory policy
    2. How do you know the Tories will be "better than Labour"?
    3. How exactly did those two people cause a worldwide recession?

You're hardly doing a good job in persuading me from my opinion that Tory supporters are a bunch of idiots who just accept whatever Cameron says.

ReputationRep:
    Can I vote for myself?

ReputationRep:
    1. How the **** does you proposing environmental bills as a Tory in a model House of Commons in any way translate into the Tories having environmental policies? Bills you propose =/= Tory policy
    2. How do you know the Tories will be "better than Labour"?
    3. How exactly did those two people cause a worldwide recession?

You're hardly doing a good job in persuading me from my opinion that Tory supporters are a bunch of idiots who just accept whatever Cameron says.
    Yeh, however I am young, I am tired after a very late night last night, so I will not do a good job, on the top of my game... which I am very far away from.. you'd be begging me for forgiveness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    Can I vote for myself?
    If you are definably going to stand in the next election, then vote Ind/Other.
    If you are a member of a party and you want to vote for that party... go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    All I ever hear when people try to debate what party is better is blame, blame, blame (This is true on this forum and elsewhere). A good party would be one who actually has ideas to differentiate themselves from the rest, rather than trying to make others look worse.

(Original post by 300mg)
    LOL @ Sinn Fein being on the list.
    I don't understand

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, however I am young, I am tired after a very late night last night, so I will not do a good job, on the top of my game... which I am very far away from.. you'd be begging me for forgiveness.
    **** off would I, that's the ********* excuse ever. I presented you with three searching questions, and your inability to answer any of them proves to me you're just jumping on a bandwagon, and that the Tories are still a bunch of *******.
    P.S What's a late night for a 13 year old? Ten O Clock or something? and it's a **** excuse anyway

ReputationRep:
    If you are definably going to stand in the next election, then vote Ind/Other.
    If you are a member of a party and you want to vote for that party... go ahead.

OK
    Don´t forget to vote for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.