Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_5)
    That's your opinion, not a fact.
    Thankfully, they will never get the chance to prove me right. You must love their Irish policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    British culture is the British way of life as defined by elements constantly present throughout British society,such as cultural Christianity.

So you would class prostitution as a British tradition?

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetical question: If in 40 years time you're shoved into a gas chamber by vengeful minorities, would you regret not having realised the dangers of multiculturalism at its birth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Hypothetical question: If in 40 years time you're shoved into a gas chamber by vengeful minorities, would you regret not having realised the dangers of multiculturalism at its birth?

I find it harder and harder to take you seriously. What a ridiculous comment.

Hypothetical question: If in 40 years time you're shoved into a gas chamber by vengeful primates, would you regret not having realised the dangers foretold in Planet of the Apes?

ReputationRep:
    lol, I think I just broke every bone in my body after laughing so hard I turned into glass and fell off my chair

Hypothetical question: If you had the IQ of a turd, would you make a post as laughably stupid as necessarily benevolent's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    I find it harder and harder to take you seriously. What a ridiculous comment.

Hypothetical question: If in 40 years time you're shoved into a gas chamber by vengeful primates, would you regret not having realised the dangers foretold in Planet of the Apes?
    It's hardly a laughing matter. You clearly don't think human beings are capable of such things.

ReputationRep:
    It's hardly a laughing matter. You clearly don't think human beings are capable of such things.

Apologies for being blunt but i think you are a human being who could be capable of such things, to be quite honest.

You clearly haven't seen the planet of the apes, Aeolus' point is no less valid than yours.

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for being blunt but i think you are a human being who could be capable of such things, to be quite honest.
    What a disgusting, childish comment.

You know, when Europeans first set foot on North America, there would've been the Aeolus's of Native Americans thinking, "it'll be alright, they'll pose us no harm"

ReputationRep:

You know, when Europeans first set foot on North America, there would've been the Aeolus's of Native Americans thinking, "it'll be alright, they'll pose us no harm"

And there would have been the necessarily benevolent of Europeans thinking "Dirty brown people, they are not worthy of this land".

ReputationRep:

Well the fact is the last people actually throwing others into gas chambers were doing so in the name of ethnic homogeny, so their views aren't too different to yours. Also, you're very wrong to be equating the colonization of America with immigration, but hey whatever you've set out the tone of the argument when you tried to say we should crack down on immigration because in the future we may be killed by hoards of angry minorities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgecopter)
    Well the fact is the last people actually throwing others into gas chambers were doing so in the name of ethnic homogeny, so their views aren't too different to yours. Also, you're very wrong to be equating the colonization of America with immigration, but hey whatever you've set out the tone of the argument when you tried to say we should crack down on immigration because in the future we may be killed by hoards of angry minorities.
    Funny how all you - and that lightweight Aeolus - are actually doing is hitting me with a load of pointless ad hominem attacks.

And no, actually, I never said "hoards [sic] of angry minorities". All it takes is a few nutters, and the rest will live in ignorance.

I repeat my question (and maybe you'll try and answer it this time): If in 40 years time you're shoved into a gas chamber by vengeful minorities, would you regret not having realised the dangers of multiculturalism at its birth?

Let me guess...you'll try and dodge it. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Funny how all you - and that lightweight Aeolus - are actually doing is hitting me with a load of pointless ad hominem attacks.

And no, actually, I never said "hoards [sic] of angry minorities". All it takes is a few nutters, and the rest will live in ignorance.

I repeat my question (and maybe you'll try and answer it this time): If in 40 years time you're shoved into a gas chamber by vengeful minorities, would you regret not having realised the dangers of multiculturalism at its birth?

I probably would regret multiculturalism if we were all killed by minorities. Just as I would regret having a dog if that dog one day turned into a nuclear warhead and killed me, or just as I would regret having a house if it suddenly turned into raw veal and I was crushed under the collapsing, meaty mass.

It's not that I'm trying to dodge your question, it's just not incredibly worthy of answering. You're not an imbecile, so don't ask questions that an imbecile would.

It's like me saying: "If most immigrants work hard and genuinely contribute to the society they have immigrated to, would you say they have a value in that society?"

Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh wait you wouldn't, because that's what happens at the moment, you just seem to want to avoid the positives and simply spew buzzwords like cultural dilution, or pose farcical and irrelevant questions about the fact that some minorities might kill us in the future maybe

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'm not really disputing the fact that economic improvements are contributing towards this. However, I do find the condemnation of people who are opposed to such changes - under the facade of "tackling racism" - as quite absurd. Just because something appears to be an intellectual trend, it doesn't mean there shouldn't be opponents to it. You wouldn't say that because Nazi imposition on culture during the 1930s was a "trend" that there shouldn't have been resistance.
    But why be opposed to the movement of free people. It is democracy. People are given rights to freedom to whatever they damn well please, so longs as it does not cause harm to others. That is democracy.... What the BNP (as an example, I am not saying that they are the only ones) do, is they say that people shouldn't move around, impairing a persons right to do so. And then, they discriminate against those who have moved, purely because of this fact... they are from another country. That is racism. I have proved that not only is the BNP not democratic, it is also racist.

ReputationRep:
    Could you provide an example of a socially right wing/economically right wing government?
    Maggie Thatchers government?

ReputationRep:
    2 Hours Ago 17:57 (necessarily benevolent)
    This is my first ever post on this forum. I've been reading this topic for the last couple of days, and I have a great many points to raise but this is one I have to make right away.

My Emphasis is on the "vengeful", can you see my point already? I hope so, what, pray tell, could possibly make the minorities of this country vengeful? What kind of thing would cause them to lash out against the White Majority? Would it say, possibly be imposing Racist and arguably Fascist right wing policies? That sound about right? Yeah.

Protip: Acceptance and Tolerance are the only things that have ever led to progress in this world, that and fighting hatred and injustice.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :love:

Ok then, It's 2049 and i am being shoved into a Gas chamber by vengeful minorities (which minorities? Somalian? Pakistani? Polish? Afghan? Australian? Mormon? gay?) First i would wonder, why these minorities were vengeful, what had i and my innocent cricket loving, tea drinking, curtain tweaking white brethren done. (Although i predict it would have had something to do with our chauvanistic, aggressive foreign policy. I mean who knows how many middle eastern countries we would have occupied for their own good by then)

Also... Why are we allowing ourselves to be shoved into gas chambers by a minority? Surely if these people are a minority then logically there would be more of us? We could beat them off using our traditional British bulldogidnesh, we could easily overpower them and then make traditional British victory signs with our fingers.

If i find myself in 40 years being stuffed into a gas chamber by vengeful Mormons, i wouldn't regret multiculturalism one bit, because if multiculturalism had worked the way you say it will then i would be the minority doing the vengefull shoving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chpz)
    Maggie Thatchers government?

Margaret Thatchers Government was far more Socially left wing and liberal than you seem to believe. I think B Johnson can say it better than me...

Individuals were able to take control of their destiny in a new way. They were no longer completely beholden to local authorities for their housing: they could buy their own homes and, to this day, as any Tory canvasser will tell you, there are people across Britain who will always vote Tory in thanks for that freedom alone.

She gave people the confidence to buy shares, to start their own businesses, to move on and up in society -- and there was more social mobility under Margaret Thatcher than there has been since.

She was a liberator, and she gave the Labour Party such an intellectual thrashing that they ended up changing their name. In some ways, the most significant political legacy of Margaret Thatcher is New Labour (now being abolished by Gordon Brown). Yes, she was provocative, and there are huge numbers of people who will never forgive her for saying that "there is no such thing as society. There are men and women, and there are families". It sounds frighteningly atomistic and strident, and does not seem to reflect the duty we all owe to each other.

But she believed she had to shatter the post-war consensus that the solution to every problem was always an expansion of the state. Indeed, she did not think much of the word "consensus" itself, since it was not only too Latinate for her taste but also because it probably masked a conspiracy by cowardly politicians to dodge the hard questions, and, if you look at the consensus that now exists around, say, academic selection, you can see that she is right.

Margaret Thatcher will always divide the British people, not least since they are them selves divided. There is a part of them that will always dislike the acquisitive, appetitive instincts she seemed to espouse, and yet they also recognise that they are essential for economic success. More than any leader since Churchill, she said thought-provoking things about the relationship between the state and the individual. Some of them were unpalatable, some of them were exaggerated. But much of what she said was necessary, and it took a woman to say it. (© Daily Telegraph, London)

- Boris Johnson

ReputationRep:
    Such a gimmick. You've stopped trying.

ReputationRep:
    :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.