Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OHH but no, their skin will be a different colour! i forgot

ReputationRep:
    so they aint british! silly me, only white ppl can be british

(Original post by Hanvyj)
    I would consider "The reintroduction of competitive sports and daily Christian assemblies" the "daily Christian assemblies" of that part to be certainly descriminatory (however its spelled) I am not christian, i dont want my children preeched to thank you very much.

I was interested to notice that alot of the BNP polocies are much less extreme, and ratially motivated than they used to be. However, having seen their website last year and read their polocies it is hard to think they have changed in so little time.
    All the major Christian denominations have made known their opposition to the BNP's racial agenda, they have no major Churches to support their kind of 'Christianity'. They've got one 'Rev' apparenty, not connected to any Church.

The BNP have learned the trick of having as many populist policies as they can dream up so as to attract a wider base of votes from people who are obsessed with things like litter-louts, capital-punishment, profanity on TV, speed-cameras and speed-limits, lack of traditional architecture, saving the red squirrel (etc, etc). But this stuff is only to accumulate votes and secondary to their primary aim of building a white (aka 'ethno') nation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    No it isn't. It wasn't multi-cultural in the past, and it doesn't need to be in the future. It is nothing other than a left wing social experiment destined to fail from the very beginning.
    Britain has always been multicultural, you idiot. Scots Gaelic culture is highly different to Welsh or English culture, but it's still counted as being part of Britishness, etc.

Personally, I find the idea of a "British" ethnicity, based on the nation that is, absolustely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    But the queen's ancestors came from Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Britain has always been multicultural, you idiot. Scots Gaelic culture is highly different to Welsh or English culture, but it's still counted as being part of Britishness, etc.

Personally, I find the idea of a "British" ethnicity, based on the nation that is, absolustely ridiculous.
    There was still a dominant ethnic and national culture which permeated throughout the whole of Britain,more and more as time went by. Obviously, by visiting different parts of Britain you could observe various cultural differences, however these pale in comparison to the cultural difference between that of western civilisation and British culture compared with Islam and the third world.

(Original post by sashaxxx123)
    And her husband, Phil, has Greek ancestry. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Britain is not built on Europe in anything other than a geographic sense. The BNP doesn't oppose good relations and trade with Europe, but instead the idea of European law being imposed on our people instead of maintaining the idea of the British ruling over Britain. It is also rather costly to us with no obvious benefits.

Did you not read my post, I said pick up a history book. There are no indigenous peoples of Britain. The Angles and the Saxons, from Europe, the Normans, from Europe, and the Romans, primarily from Europe and they happened to bring people from all over the known world. The British people were built on immigration of peoples after invasions and during times of trade. By the way, we cant be " built on Europe in anything other than a geographic sense" because if you hadn't noticed, there is 22 miles of English Channel separating the UK from Europe.
    European law being imposed on all countries in the EU makes relations between countries easier as they all are governed by the same set of rules, thus speeding communications and costing less money.
    Your point about the EU costing alot of money is invalid as you have only listened to the biased arguments of the right wingers. They have omitted that there is actually a lot of money that comes back into our economy from the EU. We do benefit from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashaxxx123)
    I think you will find it is still accounted for in the definition, with a bit of research in the terms listed.

ReputationRep:
    Correct facts and figures aside, I am curious as to what this sacred "identity" is that the BNP are so courageously fighting for.

Is it as simple as skin colour?
    Christianity?
    Roast dinners?
    Clothing style?
    National past time?

I struggle to think of things that an immigrant population would actually change.

This.

ReputationRep:
    "All the major Christian denominations have made known their opposition to the BNP's racial agenda, they have no major Churches to support their kind of 'Christianity'. They've got one 'Rev' apparenty, not connected to any Church."
    oh i know! I know its one way. its from http://bnp.org.uk/policies/education/

i agree about the populist policies, to me reading it seems like they are now just a party trying to get votes, they talk about doing all these wonderful things like building all these houses, training employing doctors building new schools, paying mean nasty imigrants to leave, and lots of other things. Oh, but they will be reducing this terrible berucratic tax that steals or our money away!

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't. It wasn't multi-cultural in the past, and it doesn't need to be in the future. It is nothing other than a left wing social experiment destined to fail from the very beginning.
    how so?
    Britain and all of the entire world even is a mass of cultures and subcultures. It is unavoidable.

Also, I have said this before, but feel I need to say it to you as well, Britain was built on the combination of many cultures.

ReputationRep:
    Voluntas Mos Victum, do you know anyone with a different skin colour?

ReputationRep:
    There was still a dominant ethnic and national culture which permeated throughout the whole of Britain,more and more as time went by. Obviously, by visiting different parts of Britain you could observe various cultural differences, however these pale in comparison to the cultural difference between that of western civilisation and British culture compared with Islam and the third world.
    Come to Northern Ireland, see how different we are to the English, culturally. Do you have peace walls? No, but that's part of my culture. Are the clans part of English culture? No, that's definitively Scottish Culture. What about sheep shagging? Nah, mate, that's Wales. Tea drinking? That's the preserve of the English. There is no dominant "British ethnic" culture because such a thing doesn't exist. British ethnicity is a pile of crap made up by people like the BNP to support their anti-foreigner aims without alienating the British populace. Scottish, English, Welsh and Irish, those are ethnicities, but the BNP can't bang on about the "English ethnic population" because then no one in Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales will vote for them, so the "British ethnic" was created.

The cultural differences between the four main areas of the UK are so huge as to make the country multicultural and it always has been. The fact you have four different language zones, three areas which have a significant number of people wanting independence who use their cultural differences as one of their main arguments should be enough to convince you of that.

ReputationRep:
    What's with all these BNP threads recently?

It amazes me how much attention these get!

ReputationRep:
    What about sheep shagging? Nah, mate, that's Wales.
    could you not have picked singing and poetry rather than sheep shagging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chpz)
    Did you not read my post, I said pick up a history book. There are no indigenous peoples of Britain. The Angles and the Saxons, from Europe, the Normans, from Europe, and the Romans, primarily from Europe and they happened to bring people from all over the known world. The British people were built on immigration of peoples after invasions and during times of trade. By the way, we cant be " built on Europe in anything other than a geographic sense" because if you hadn't noticed, there is 22 miles of English Channel separating the UK from Europe.
    European law being imposed on all countries in the EU makes relations between countries easier as they all are governed by the same set of rules, thus speeding communications and costing less money.
    Your point about the EU costing alot of money is invalid as you have only listened to the biased arguments of the right wingers. They have omitted that there is actually a lot of money that comes back into our economy from the EU. We do benefit from it.

Those facing cultural change and invasion at that time were justified in standing up for their way of life, just as I am today. Those changes contributed to British identity and culture as it is today, and it is something I want to be preserved. There is also little comparison between similar cultures becoming entwined and third world hordes colonising British cities and Islamic values gathering pace in a Britain which is is based upon ideas which directly oppose those very values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    Voluntas Mos Victum, do you know anyone with a different skin colour?
    Many people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Exactly!

In my view the BNP have taken up this quasi-scientific ethnicity language as a cover to soften the appearance of the fact that they're white nationalists. What they are really aiming for, when all is said and done, is a white nation (as Hitler before them wanted an 'aryan nation').
    That was exactly what I was thinking - coz the BNP just so reminds me of the Nazi party :yes: If they ever get into power, :mad: I hardly think that they would send white immigrants back to their country(no offence, coz I actually support the eastern europeans, coming here) and those who have generations who has lived in Britain, but their skin colour is non - white, the BNP can hardly wait to send them wherever, as long as its nowhere near Britain.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.