Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chpz)
    could you not have picked singing and poetry rather than sheep shagging?
    Nah, cause that's not really specific to Wales. Plus, it's not as funny. I could've mentioned Taliesin or Arthur, but most people don't recognise Arthur as belonging to the Welsh anymore.
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Hanvyj
    Voluntas Mos Victum, do you know anyone with a different skin colour?
    Many people.
    and you would like to send them to a different country?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Come to Northern Ireland, see how different we are to the English, culturally. Do you have peace walls? No, but that's part of my culture. Are the clans part of English culture? No, that's definitively Scottish Culture. What about sheep shagging? Nah, mate, that's Wales. Tea drinking? That's the preserve of the English. There is no dominant "British ethnic" culture because such a thing doesn't exist. British ethnicity is a pile of crap made up by people like the BNP to support their anti-foreigner aims without alienating the British populace. Scottish, English, Welsh and Irish, those are ethnicities, but the BNP can't bang on about the "English ethnic population" because then no one in Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales will vote for them, so the "British ethnic" was created.

    The cultural differences between the four main areas of the UK are so huge as to make the country multicultural and it always has been. The fact you have four different language zones, three areas which have a significant number of people wanting independence who use their cultural differences as one of their main arguments should be enough to convince you of that.
    There is still as many,if not more, cultural similarities as there are differences like you pointed out. All carry various sub forms of cultural christianity,for example.

    Whilst there are differences, they are not as large as you would like to make out. Comparing minor cultural differences between England and Scotland is simply not on the same level as comparing Islam with Christianity, or the first world with the third world.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    and you would like to send them to a different country?
    They would be able to take up on the BNP's voluntary repatriation offer if they wished.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Nah, cause that's not really specific to Wales. Plus, it's not as funny. I could've mentioned Taliesin or Arthur, but most people don't recognise Arthur as belonging to the Welsh anymore.
    ahhaha tis very true.
    btw, have u heard a Welsh rugby crowd? it is like a choir unlike that of the English or Scottish. :p: the welsh are born to sing
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    i am not Christian, so i find a Christian's belifs just as baffaling as Islamic ones, and, being born in this country would surly qualify as first world, so i feel it is on the same level
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    There is still as many,if not more, cultural similarities as there are differences like you pointed out. All carry various sub forms of cultural christianity,for example.

    Whilst there are differences, they are not as large as you would like to make out. Comparing minor cultural differences between England and Scotland is simply not on the same level as comparing Islam with Christianity, or the first world with the third world.
    Yes, but following your line of argument there is very little difference between us and America, France, Germany, etc. if we exclude language because apparently those count as "minor culture differences" to you.

    Seriously, mate, I can't believe you count those things as minor differences. Things that are inherently bound within the identity of an area and you scoff at them. The Troubles, a minor difference? Entire languages, minor? The clans, minor difference?! Say that to a Scot and tell me how they react. When do these differences become major to you? When the skin colour changes?

    If we again follow your argument, then Islam and Christianity might as well be the same religion because their "minor differences" do not outweigh their superficial ones, such as one God, a Messiah, continuation of an older religion, believe in Heaven and Hell, desire to convert everyone...
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Hanvyj
    and you would like to send them to a different country?
    They would be able to take up on the BNP's voluntary repatriation offer if they wished.
    and when they cant get any jobs cos the council is not allowed to employ companies that employ black people? when the white children are taught that they dont belong in this country and throw rocks at them?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    i am not Christian, so i find a Christian's belifs just as baffaling as Islamic ones,
    Naturally. You're a product of the liberal establishment.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Yes, but following your line of argument there is very little difference between us and America, France, Germany, etc. if we exclude language because apparently those count as "minor culture differences" to you.

    Seriously, mate, I can't believe you count those things as minor differences. Things that are inherently bound within the identity of an area and you scoff at them. The Troubles, a minor difference? Entire languages, minor? The clans, minor difference?! Say that to a Scot and tell me how they react.
    They are minor in comparison with the examples I presented : Christianity compared to Islam and the first world compared to the third world.

    I am not trying to belittle cultural differences that have existed throughout Britain, indeed they should be celebrated more than anything. However,I am pointing out that they pale in comparison to the cultural issues we face today.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    and when they cant get any jobs cos the council is not allowed to employ companies that employ black people? when the white children are taught that they dont belong in this country and throw rocks at them?
    Neither of those situations would occur under a BNP government.
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chpz)
    ahhaha tis very true.
    btw, have u heard a Welsh rugby crowd? it is like a choir unlike that of the English or Scottish. :p: the welsh are born to sing
    Nah, it's just Charlotte Church not knowing when to shut up.
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Voluntas Mos Victum
    There is still as many,if not more, cultural similarities as there are differences like you pointed out. All carry various sub forms of cultural christianity,for example.

    Whilst there are differences, they are not as large as you would like to make out. Comparing minor cultural differences between England and Scotland is simply not on the same level as comparing Islam with Christianity, or the first world with the third world.
    Yes, but following your line of argument there is very little difference between us and America, France, Germany, etc. if we exclude language because apparently those count as "minor culture differences" to you.

    Seriously, mate, I can't believe you count those things as minor differences. Things that are inherently bound within the identity of an area and you scoff at them. The Troubles, a minor difference? Entire languages, minor? The clans, minor difference?! Say that to a Scot and tell me how they react.
    so if your neighbor is islamic and you forget that your heratige is a scotish clan? i am not ignoring language, a kid who grew up in england and speaks english is english, how can you dispute that?
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Hanvyj
    i am not Christian, so i find a Christian's belifs just as baffaling as Islamic ones,
    Naturally. You're a product of the liberal establishment.
    I have been brainwashed by my christian first school? prayers in the morning and hym lessons a product of this liberal establishment (thats one reason why i aint christian) I have nothing against religion, i just dont belive it
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    They are minor in comparison with the examples I presented : Christianity compared to Islam and the first world compared to the third world.

    I am not trying to belittle cultural differences that have existed throughout Britain, indeed they should be celebrated more than anything. However,I am pointing out that they pale in comparison to the cultural issues we face today.
    Clearly they don't pale in comparison if some people wish to leave the UK due to them. And read my edit for what I think of your argument between Christianity and Islam.

    I think we should celebrate those differences, then watch the UK dissolve and the BNP left running England, if they ever get that far.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navras)
    You have an Albert Einstein quote after everything you write, it's hard to take you seriously.

    Anyway, by our definition of rape; IT IS CONDONED IN THE QURAN.

    Read more.
    1. Grow up. Attempting to e-intimidate me with an idiotic/irrelevant comment, before your actual point? Very mature.
    2. I didn't feel it necessary to read the Qu'ran cover to cover in order to comment on a Student Forum thread, seeing as I was talking about the attitudes and personalities of BNP members, not the factual basis of their comments. (which was evidently clear, seeing as someone else who had seen the show backed me up on my point).
    3. WTF has Einstein got to do with a discussion about the BNP?

    I assume pedanticism is one of your less desirable qualities.

    Have a nice day, keyboard warrior.
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    "Country coucils should only do buisiness with companies that employ a wholy brittish workforce." http://bnp.org.uk/manifestos/county-...anifesto-2009/


    Originally Posted by Hanvyj
    and when they cant get any jobs cos the council is not allowed to employ companies that employ black people? when the white children are taught that they dont belong in this country and throw rocks at them?
    Neither of those situations would occur under a BNP government.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    1. Grow up. Attempting to e-intimidate me with an idiotic/irrelevant comment, before your actual point? Very mature.
    2. I didn't feel it necessary to read the Qu'ran cover to cover in order to comment on a Student Forum thread, seeing as I was talking about the attitudes and personalities of BNP members, not the factual basis of their comments. (which was evidently clear, seeing as someone else who had seen the show backed me up on my point).
    3. WTF has Einstein got to do with a discussion about the BNP?

    I assume pedanticism is one of your less desirable qualities.

    Have a nice day, keyboard warrior.
    I didn't want to e-intimidate you

    sorry for the caps lock, I will use it wisely next time.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    And read my edit for what I think of your argument between Christianity and Islam.
    Bit of a weak arguement. Christianity and Islam are clearly two very opposing ideologies to anyone who has studied them both, however there are clear elements which spread throughout British culture and unite people more than they divide. The differences I speak of are radically opposing ideas and sets of people,compared to people differentiating in local cultural ways,albeit country to country.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    Those facing cultural change and invasion at that time were justified in standing up for their way of life, just as I am today. Those changes contributed to British identity and culture as it is today, and it is something I want to be preserved. There is also little comparison between similar cultures becoming entwined and third world hordes colonising British cities and Islamic values gathering pace in a Britain which is is based upon ideas which directly oppose those very values.
    well duh, of course they defended their way of life, but they did so in violent manors which are not appropriate for today. And the idea of multiculturalism is that many cultures maintain their own identity but live amongst each other, respecting the differences. It is possible, it just requires pricks like yourself to shut the **** up.
    Change is good, change is what stimulates further development of society and technology.
    Are you saying that the Germanic tribes of Saxony and the Normans are the same?
    Or that the Gauls and the Romans are the same? Maybe today the inhabitants of those areas are similar, but during the time period when they were around, they could not be more different.
    It is hardly "Third world hordes" is it? It is a few thousand people, dotted about the country, its hardly noticeable. The idea that they are "colonising our cities" is ridiculous. The cities already have inhabitants, you cant colonise that which is already lived in. And they have every right to come live here, we are afterall, HUMAN....

    Do know what Islam actually means? It translates directly into "peace". A Jihad is a "struggle" so Islamic peoples are struggling for peace.... how does that directly oppose what we stand for? Also, those stories about women being oppressed and all that, yes, it is true, but it also no different from extremist Christains or most other religions or Western Social Structures. All those bad stories about muslims are totally unrepresentative of the Islamic peoples, just the Muslim extremists, which are just as bad as all extremists, Christian, Jew, White, Black, etc etc... all extremism is idiotic
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.