Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm getting my first electric guitar, right now I'm looking at a Fender Squier. I need a decent amp but I'm not looking to spend much on one, I just want one to practice with so it doesn't need to be particularly loud, just good quality. Anybody in the know who can offer me some advice?

ReputationRep:
    Look at Roland amps, http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/...FZgU4wodhCMK9g

I used a 10 watt Kustom amp for my first year of playing. Yes they are pretty awful, but as a beginner as long as you get a half decent sound with enough volume to hear yourself it doesn't really matter. The more fancy stuff you have the more you have to distract you from actually learning stuff XD.

I'm not saying it's not important to get the best for your money, but that you probably shouldn't worry about it too much at this stage =D. That said, I'd agree with the post above about looking at Roland (Cube) amps; they've had good write ups. Most of the major amp brands make an entry level practice amp though to be honest, and they're probably all much of a muchness. The Roland's might just have the edge from what I've heard, so why not check them out first?

Good luck & have fun
    uth =]

ReputationRep:
    The Roland ones look good and are a good price, I'll definitely consider those. Thanks guys. =)

ReputationRep:
    roland ones are pretty good, i was actually pleasantly surprised by the sound of the kustom amps at my school, only played one the other day but much better than many small amps i've played

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.