Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im a girl..

Okay, so I am supposedly friends with a girl, she was a decent mate. I didnt amazingly, joint to the hip kinda way get on with her. But i compromised.. but lately I have been occupied, and havent really spoken to her. I was friends with her did things that I might not have wanted to do ( eg. I want to go out but she wanted to stay in). I want to change a little and be a bit more asseritive on things that I want to do.

In my opinion, I am bored of her. I'm not getting much out of this friendship. I dont have fun with her anyway.

I dont hate her, but dont miss her to the same extent as she does... because she texts me, calls me... and I just blank her.

I havent kept in contact with her- and don't plan to. I have another friend, which I enjoy keeping in contact with and that person had a "go" at me.. because she had spoken to him about my "mystery absence". She had expressed how I was such a good friend and I was one of her "closest friends"... etc. He had mentioned that I was throwing away a good friendship. This chat had me thinking...

The way I saw the friendship its wasn't a friendship I thought a lot of.

So do I have a moral obligation to stay friends with her?

What have I done wrong?

Should friendships last as they do, or is it only too natural that they die out.. make new friends?

ReputationRep:
    An annoying situation, some ppl pressure you into staying friends using guilt, probably because they dont have many other friends. This will not be a rewarding frenship for you.

However, it depends on how nice you are: are you willing to do some things that bore you / talk to her even if you dont want to, if you do this you will make her happy at your expense... how nice are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Im a girl..

Okay, so I am supposedly friends with a girl, she was a decent mate. I didnt amazingly, joint to the hip kinda way get on with her. But i compromised.. but lately I have been occupied, and havent really spoken to her. I was friends with her did things that I might not have wanted to do ( eg. I want to go out but she wanted to stay in). I want to change a little and be a bit more asseritive on things that I want to do.

In my opinion, I am bored of her. I'm not getting much out of this friendship. I dont have fun with her anyway.

I dont hate her, but dont miss her to the same extent as she does... because she texts me, calls me... and I just blank her.

I havent kept in contact with her- and don't plan to. I have another friend, which I enjoy keeping in contact with and that person had a "go" at me.. because she had spoken to him about my "mystery absence". She had expressed how I was such a good friend and I was one of her "closest friends"... etc. He had mentioned that I was throwing away a good friendship. This chat had me thinking...

The way I saw the friendship its wasn't a friendship I thought a lot of.

So do I have a moral obligation to stay friends with her?

What have I done wrong?

Should friendships last as they do, or is it only too natural that they die out.. make new friends?
    i'm almost in the same situation. me and this girl are "best friends" but i reli don't like her any more. i've known her for 2 years now, the 1st year we were good friends, but this last year we have grown apart too much and now i jus find her soo annoying! she doesn't know this :rolleyes:
    she's always asking to meet up and i jus make excuses...
    im guna stay "friends" with her the next year (save me!) until i can escape and go to uni. then i never have to see her or speak to her again.
    mwahahaa

ReputationRep:
    I have had good friends who I no longer speak to for one reason or another. That's what happens, people move on. If I knew someone felt that way about being friends with me I'd rather they were just honest about it than feel obligated to spend time with me. It's not beneficial to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend of 13 years ive fallen out with - people just move on. She was beginning to annoy me and now we are just two different people. Friendships just come and go.

ReputationRep:
    lol sounds really depressing this thread, i've got a mate and we were best freinds from year 3 then we went to different colleges and grew more and more apart, however during college (sixth form) we worked in the same place and we still went out on the odd occasion, so with uni come up I was going to Salford (still am) and I said i was gonna go and he said he was too and we could live together thier etc but now he already knows he failed the course and won't be able to get onto the course he wants to do, I said he can still go and do a HND (what i'm doing) or a foundation but he's unsure what to do. If he doesn't go then I can't see us being freinds really as he will be staying at home and i'll be in manchester making new freinds etc, it's a shame as I hoped he would come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    An annoying situation, some ppl pressure you into staying friends using guilt, probably because they dont have many other friends. This will not be a rewarding frenship for you.

However, it depends on how nice you are: are you willing to do some things that bore you / talk to her even if you dont want to, if you do this you will make her happy at your expense... how nice are you?
    I had confided in a friend about this situation - the words "very harsh" came up..

Im not very nice then am i?

Then again, I like to feel as if I am engaged in a rewarding friendship rather than "I have so many friends". I like to think of people being worthwhile. I hate being obliged to be friends with someone- it has never been worthwhile.

They just seem to get in the way.

Surely I have a right not to be her friend?

People have been pressurising me. The answer is I am bored of her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    lol sounds really depressing this thread, i've got a mate and we were best freinds from year 3 then we went to different colleges and grew more and more apart, however during college (sixth form) we worked in the same place and we still went out on the odd occasion, so with uni come up I was going to Salford (still am) and I said i was gonna go and he said he was too and we could live together thier etc but now he already knows he failed the course and won't be able to get onto the course he wants to do, I said he can still go and do a HND (what i'm doing) or a foundation but he's unsure what to do. If he doesn't go then I can't see us being freinds really as he will be staying at home and i'll be in manchester making new freinds etc, it's a shame as I hoped he would come.
    My friend has become to predictable for me and the emotional b bribes don't seem to work.

Call me troubled, but I haven't exactly been treated well when it comes to friendships. I get trodden on and people just use because you are someone. Not because they think you are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    If it's gotten to the point where you 'blank' her, that really says what you wanna do and you should go with that. There's no point in putting up with her because that does you neither of you any good since she's not getting your full attention as a friend and you feel trapped. If you're brave enough, tell her how you feel and hopefully she'll back off. if it doesn't go well, she'll back off with time .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.