ReputationRep:
    definitely mabye
    the holy bible
    nevermind
    rage against the machine
    urban hymns
    the bends

ReputationRep:
    Whats The Story Morning Glory- Oasis. I think the 90's was a poor decade for Music though

ReputationRep:
    Ben Folds Five - Ben Folds Five

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Maybe.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oasis - Definitely, Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    return of saturn - no doubt
    totally different from crappy music they made afterwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    The Documentary > Reasonable Doubt

Game > Jay-Z

Im So Wavy is the greatest song of all time

NOT
    Big L > all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorry...Alright...Well...)
    I'm interested to know why you think OK Computer beats The Bends. For me, it would be a toss up between the two, but I cannot pick between them. Both albums mean so much to me.
    er OK.
    I chose OK Computer above The Bends as personally I feel that OK Computer is radiohead's definitive album. I think it's rather more interesting musically and lyrically, and listening to it the whole way through is a pretty amazing experience. It's like an emotional rollercoaster.

The Bends has fantastic vocals, but in terms of song order is less well thought out. Street Spirit although a great song in it's own right, to me doesn't sound like a good finisher (perhaps due to the songs leading up to it not fitting in either). The tourist from OK computer I feel is much more suited, and the tracks are more ordered hence the overall effect of the album is intensified, e.g. No suprises being the "calm before the storm", Karma police nicely leading onto Fitter Happier (while although Fitter Happier is not radiohead's best song, it does set the mood very well for the 2nd half of the album).

The Bends has some nice lyrics in it (I particularly like the title track). It's opener is very good also (but again I feel it's weaker than Airbag). Though some of the tracks aren't particularly strong. It's kind of a mix between very strong (e.g. Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit, The Bends) and kind of average/week (Bones, Sulk). Also High and Dry personally I don't like so much, although it's a great song, I think it's inferior to Fake Plastic Trees and suffers from preceding it. The talent of arranging songs in such a way to inspire emotions (and emotional changes) in the listener I don't feel were employed to great extent as other albums. OK Computer was the first to do that, and Kid A also doing that well (in fact all their albums after The Bends have done that well).

The Bends although had some great guitar parts weren't as inventive or interesting as the Radiohead sounds albums after it. Having said that, I do believe Fake Plastic Trees is the best radiohead song (the emotions in conjures are incredible). I probably rank the radiohead albums as follows:
    OK Computer
    Kid A
    Hail to the Thief (which I believe is underrated)
    Amnesiac
    The Bends
    Pablo Honey

There I believe I have given you an answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Whats The Story Morning Glory- Oasis. I think the 90's was a poor decade for Music though
    I'd say it was alright, you had Oasis, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, rap's best generation imo and lets face it we'd all prefer to be listening to the 90's rather than the 00's....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    Parklife by the amazing band in my signature
    Oasis > Blur

and you know it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Any album by the spice girls

ReputationRep:
    Don't make me take you back to Reasonable doubt time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScotlandStandUp)
    Big L > all
    Big L was really nice. his punchlines were mad but he died to early. before he was able to make a genuine classic so i dont think he's the greatest tbh

ReputationRep:
    Pearl Jam - Ten

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    Big L was really nice. his punchlines were mad but he died to early. before he was able to make a genuine classic so i dont think he's the greatest tbh
    Put it on?
    Ebonics?
    M.V.P?
    Street struck?
    Size em up?
    Flamboyant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScotlandStandUp)
    I'd say it was alright, you had Oasis, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, rap's best generation imo and lets face it we'd all prefer to be listening to the 90's rather than the 00's....
    Not a Nirvana or Pearl Jam fan and deffo not a rap fan. I think the 00's have been decent for music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Not a Nirvana or Pearl Jam fan and deffo not a rap fan. I think the 00's have been decent for music
    Which 00 bands/artists/songs have outshined the 90's?

Excluding techno, rave and that kind of sound for obvious reasons

ReputationRep:
    The Prodigy - Fat of the Land
    Oasis - Whats The Story Morning Glory
    Blur - Park Life
    Nirvana - Nevermind
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

ReputationRep:
    RATM - RATM
    Radiohead - The Bends
    Radiohead - OK Computer
    DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...

Bah... Then Massive Attack & Prodigy had some sweet stuff too from what I remember...

Too much good music, xD. Then they'll be the albums I haven't even heard.... Too hard to narrow it down to one. xD

If I had to choose one right now.... My gut would go with...

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.