Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got screwed over...WORK DIDNT GET MARKED! NEED HELP!(BTEC) Watch

ReputationRep:
    3 of the units I completed for my coursework never got marked at my College. They were initially marked but I had resubmissions to hand in. However, college finished and my teacher said she'd talk to me about when to hand them in.

So I waited at home, with the work completed for some kind of contact. I accessed my online college learning interactive board and I had a message from my teacher saying she had not recieved the work from me, despite requests to do so?

I emailed her about handing it in and recieved no reply. She hasnt accessed the online board since before I sent the message and now my college is shut.

So essentially I have 3 whole units of completed work not marked! A whole term's worth of work NOT MARKED.

I was on track to achieve DMM (A, C, C) and now it looks like I will be achieving MMP (C, C, E)...Which obviously is not going to get me into any of the universities I have applied to.

I'm so bummed about it, am I right in thinking these whole 3 units I did that needed corrections made to them I have recieved 0 points for? Im so pisseds off about this :mad:

Appreciate any help

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you just hand them in anyway? Most people would've probably handed them in as soon as they were completed rather than wait around for some deadline. It's just common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy_69)
    3 of the units I completed for my coursework never got marked at my College. They were initially marked but I had resubmissions to hand in. However, college finished and my teacher said she'd talk to me about when to hand them in.

So I waited at home, with the work completed for some kind of contact. I accessed my online college learning interactive board and I had a message from my teacher saying she had not recieved the work from me, despite requests to do so?

I emailed her about handing it in and recieved no reply. She hasnt accessed the online board since before I sent the message and now my college is shut.

So essentially I have 3 whole units of completed work not marked! A whole term's worth of work NOT MARKED.

I was on track to achieve DMM (A, C, C) and now it looks like I will be achieving MMP (C, C, E)...Which obviously is not going to get me into any of the universities I have applied to.

I'm so bummed about it, am I right in thinking these whole 3 units I did that needed corrections made to them I have recieved 0 points for? Im so pisseds off about this :mad:

Appreciate any help
    Entirely your fault. The teachers have hundreds of other pupils to take care of, you should of just given it in.

ReputationRep:
    Is there no way of contacting your college?
    Wouldn't they be open for summer courses?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like that would make you fail the whole year. It's really your own fault.
    On both BTEC course I finished, it was up to us to ensure that our work was handed in on time.

You should be able to contact the college, they usually have some sort of admin staff on site to deal with new applicants, exam results and what have you.
    Otherwise, get onto the Edexcel website, and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    Not saying Im slightly at fault for not giving it in straight away but I tried to give them in when I was in college and she said "dont worry i will contact you when im free to mark".

Me being the good student I am decided to wait for her to contact me. I know I messed up there but now I've f'd up everything I worked to achieve for the last 2 years and kind of at a crossroads dont know what to do or if I can even do anything or even get into a uni now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    It sounds like that would make you fail the whole year. It's really your own fault.
    On both BTEC course I finished, it was up to us to ensure that our work was handed in on time.

You should be able to contact the college, they usually have some sort of admin staff on site to deal with new applicants, exam results and what have you.
    Otherwise, get onto the Edexcel website, and see what they say.
    Why would I fail the whole year? You get a referral if you dont complete a unit which= 0 points. All the other points I got add up to MMP. Just with those 3 units I would have got enough points for DMM.

ReputationRep:
    Surely it being your work it's your responsibility to hand it in?
    If you've screwed up then you've only got yourself to blame. If you were serious about getting it marked you would have badgered furiously for your teacher to mark it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    Surely it being your work it's your responsibility to hand it in?
    If you've screwed up then you've only got yourself to blame. If you were serious about getting it marked you would have badgered furiously for your teacher to mark it!

Because that was constructive for me how?

Get a life and dont bother replying to this unless you have advice or any help. I dont need lectures from 17 year olds deprived of sunlight.

ReputationRep:

Get a life and dont bother replying to this unless you have advice or any help. I dont need lectures from 17 year olds deprived of sunlight.
    What do you want us to say? It is your own fault. I don't know if you made this thread just to get some reassurance that your teacher is some heinous ***** and that you clearly shouldn't be blamed. But sorry, clearly no one here is going to do that and you can't ***** at them for doing so. So yeah, you'll probably get 0 because it hasn't been handed in.

ReputationRep:
    Only way i can see is to contact the head of your course somehow. best of luckx

ReputationRep:

Well, I sort of agree with him. I know when I was handing coursework in, regardless of when the deadline was, I handed it in early everytime to get it back so I could have time for improvements on it.

Under no circumstances would I ever wait for someone to ask for it. Christ man, don't know how old you are but I'm sure its old enough to take a bit of iniciative. You need to change your title to "I screwed up" instead of what it is...sorry.

I mean the above to come across as nice as possible.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't need people telling him it's his fault. What use is that going to do? Get a life tbh.

The marks will have already been sent to the exam board by your college (had to be sent by end of June), and if you didn't receive P, M or D on your first submission then you've probably got zero marks, yes. If you hand it in now and get it marked then you will be able to get a new grade from Edexcel, but you won't get it until next year (I think, but you may get it sooner ... you'll have to check on that). It's also possible to redo your whole second year; so you could do that, bump your grade up and reapply to uni.

It might be worth writing a letter to your firm and insurance choice universities explaining the situation. If you do manage to get into uni with a lower grade than your offer you should still try and get your work marked so that you can get a new grade next year.

ReputationRep:
    I posted this for some advice cos I was sure that theres a lot of bookworms here that would know the process of what to do or have some kind of guidance on what I should do.

ReputationRep:

18 year old sitting in the garden actually

And what did you expect posting something like that on here? You played with fire and got burnt.

Get over yourself and stop acting like a child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon12345)
    He doesn't need people telling him it's his fault. What use is that going to do? Get a life tbh.

The marks will have already been sent to the exam board by your college (had to be sent by end of June), and if you didn't receive P, M or D on your first submission then you've probably got zero marks, yes. If you hand it in now and get it marked then you will be able to get a new grade from Edexcel, but you won't get it until next year (I think, but you may get it sooner ... you'll have to check on that). It's also possible to redo your whole second year, so you could do that, bump your grade up and reapply to uni.

It might be worth writing a letter to your firm and insurance choice universities explaining the situation. If you do manage to get into uni with a lower grade than your offer you should still try and get your work marked so that you can get a new grade next year.
    Thanks mate didnt mean to start abusing just was getting a completely pointless response.

I cant re-do my year at college. It started off as a certificate and was changed into a diploma the last year so the other yeargroup before me have already done some of the units I need to re-do. Also, Im getting on a bit and dont want to be finishing Uni in my mid twenties.

Do you think I can still get through clearing with those grades?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chipie)
    Only way i can see is to contact the head of your course somehow. best of luckx
    Do this, its to be expected that everyone will say its your fault as it seems pointless to post, just contact the head..dont be screwed over, so badly as an animal

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate didnt mean to start abusing just was getting a completely pointless response.

I cant re-do my year at college. It started off as a certificate and was changed into a diploma the last year so the other yeargroup before me have already done some of the units I need to re-do. Also, Im getting on a bit and dont want to be finishing Uni in my mid twenties.

Do you think I can still get through clearing with those grades?

Thanks
    It doesn't matter that the year group has already done some of the units which you need to redo, you can still do the units that they have not yet done and your teachers may let you do the units which they have already completed. You need 12 distinctions and 6 passes (or any other combination coming to the same number of points) in order to get the maximum grade of DDD, and I'm sure there will be enough units which they haven't done for you to achieve this. But if you don't want to then fair enough. Definitely try and get these three units marked so that you can get a better grade next year, though ... even if you do get into uni with MMP.

You will be able to get into uni through clearing with those grades, yes. Take a look at the universities in clearing and see what their entry requirements are. It's worth noting that some may let you in for a MMM course with MMP. Phone the universities which you are interested in up and inquire. Also make sure you email/write a letter to your currentfirm and insurance choice explaining the situation to see if they will let you in.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to do business management at a university requiring DMM. Could I try go through clearing for the business studies course which is MMP regardless if I am rejected for the business management course?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to do business management at a university requiring DMM. Could I try go through clearing for the business studies course which is MMP regardless if I am rejected for the business management course?
    Yes ... that's what clearing is for ... if you don't get into you firm or insurance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.