Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It took about a week after I got mine for me to be able to eat everything comfortably. Still can't bite on my front teeth, but that's more because I'm not allowed than because I physically can't. I lived off porridge, soup, spaghetti hoops (hahaha) and raspberries for the first few days. I'm sure things like omelettes are fine as well.

ReputationRep:
    will take about a week and a half to get used to in my experience. after about a month it will be pretty normal and easy to eat again. dont worry

ReputationRep:
    the pain goes away after around 2 weeks
    had braces on all my teeth for around 5months now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    A few more days, yet. Think yourself lucky that you haven't got to have the brace on all of your teeth where the wire cuts up your mouth at the back.

I've got to get my second fixed brace soon, on top AND bottom, with elastics, the whole thing. So, I (or will) feel your pain. Also, I just got new glasses, so I'm kind of dreading rolling up at University looking like Ugly Betty. :| Anyway, feel better soon.
    I used to have braces and when the bands break in your mouth it hurts like a *****.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.