Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Erm. I'm sociologist and I know what an isotope is. Biologists also ought to know really, from further reading. I'm pretty sure its not in the A level, although isomers are.
    GCSE stuff:p:
    the person got some looks, and most people laughing at him, and the lecturer was a bit like what the hell
    yeah they should :p: they have to know about carbon dating

i think he was one of them kids that i dunno felt like questing everything, but he did ask a few silly questions like that, wonder how some people get to uni, giving a good picture of my uni :p:

isomers fun stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    GCSE stuff:p:
    the person got some looks, and most people laughing at him, and the lecturer was a bit like what the hell
    yeah they should :p: they have to know about carbon dating

i think he was one of them kids that i dunno felt like questing everything, but he did ask a few silly questions like that, wonder how some people get to uni, giving a good picture of my uni :p:

isomers fun stuff
    Heh its ok, I've met several people at Cambridge who have made me wonder how they got into University :dry: But I also know how easy it is to say/ask the most retarded questions when in the spotlight. Also in science you forget details unless you're using them fairly frequently. Still...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Heh its ok, I've met several people at Cambridge who have made me wonder how they got into University :dry: But I also know how easy it is to say/ask the most retarded questions when in the spotlight. Also in science you forget details unless you're using them fairly frequently. Still...
    questions when your on the spot, don't end well, yeah its a bit like that in science, i normally find that with newer stuff i have learnt, stuff that been drummed in from GCSE, A-level, and that, all fun and games

ReputationRep:
    nothing to be scared of.... you'll get used to being in that enviornment soon enough =)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.