Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    thanks, only problem is that my boyfriend will be visiting every once in a while, and we'll have to figure out something for him..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogito-ergo-sum)
    thanks, only problem is that my boyfriend will be visiting every once in a while, and we'll have to figure out something for him..
    Sneak him in and hide him under your bed without your room-mate seeing

There is a hostel about a minute's walk from McIntosh, and I think you can get very reasonable prices there. That might be an option if he isn't visiting too often and doesn't mind paying a wee bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogito-ergo-sum)
    Well it may no turn out to be too much of a problem, I have some friends who shared a room just down the corridor from me last year, both of them have boyfriends from home who came to visit fairly often, whenever one of their bfs came, the other just came to stay in my room for however long he was there... your roommate may have a friends room nearby where she can crash

ReputationRep:
    If you have a double room, are the beds right next to each other? I.e would your roommate see you in the starkers as you get changed for bed? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Bright Eyes)
    If you have a double room, are the beds right next to each other? I.e would your roommate see you in the starkers as you get changed for bed? :P
    I've never had a double room, but been in many. It varies, I've seen two boy's beds pushed so close together it was practically a double. I've seen two beds at opposite ends of the room. It any case, it doesn't matter - you are allowed to move your furniture about and then you are only limited by the space of the room.

In any case, you get changed while people are in the shower, asleep usually; or you learn to not care.

ReputationRep:
    The rooms vary. I know people who found their beds right next to each other, and the first thing they did was move them - if you don't like the arrangement, your room-mate will probably sympathise, and you can work out an alternative.
    On my floor, they had little washbasin 'cubicles' with a curtain for a door, so I usually got changed in those when I was doing my hair and stuff. I got up a lot earlier than my room-mate, so it was easier to get light that way, and also to avoid making too much noise in the room [on that note: walking into metal bins when you're drunk and the lights are off is very noisy :cool: ]

If you move furniture before you move all your stuff in, it should be fine. After that, it's very difficult indeed, and your room-mate might not like the idea of changing stuff about spontaneously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)
    Sophie C! :eek:

If im not very much mistaken I lived in the room opposite you last year...LC38!

*waves*
    Why hello hello! Tis me indeed! Didn't know you were a fellow TSRian!

Wie gehts? Having a good summer?
    You're in Albany as well next year yeh? When you heading back up?

^^ @Bright Eyes ... are you not in Albany too? You'll have a single room
    Oh and yes, very jealous of the size of C1 haha! C40 was pretty decent as well (not ensuite, though had that shower room to share only between 40 and 41, lucky things), did you ever see in there Pandabar?

Gonna miss good old C-floor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)
    Hehe yeah, I randomly joined this website whilst looking for tips on how to pass my driving test!
    Never saw C40, but i've heard good things about it!
    Am heading to The 'drews on the 19th, I think (driving all the way from London on my own, lol). Don't want to miss out on any banter! I want to see if Albany freshers week can live up to Uni Hall's! :rolleyes:
    Shefali and co are working on the Uni Hall freshers team, so we're gonna get bands off them and become unofficial freshers again. Hope Dawn Rimmer doesn't recognise us...:p:
    I seem to remember that your house was pretty close to ours, so I guess I'll see you in September at Albany!
    Aah i see! How's the driving going?

Hehe t'was banterful!

Oh cool! Brave driving all that way! Hehe jk, you'll be just fine! I'm heading down on the 18th cos am meant to be an orientation volunteer, and we have a meeting on the fri night... don't know quite what I'm letting myself in for tbh! Hehe! Think Albany freshers should be half decent, going by the emails we've been getting about events that were going on last year, and during the summer, partaayyys on the beach all the way! They'll have to do pretty good to come up to the Uni Hall party scene standard though I'm fraid...
    Oooh, that sounds like a plan! Are they back in Uni hall this year? Lucky things!
    Haha think we're planning on crashing *ahem* attending some of the vodka bars, so yeh hoping Dawn doesn't take too much notice!

Yeh, think we're just in the next block from you, so probs see you round quite a bit! Lucie etc are next door to us as well, so we're gonna have quite an ex-uni hallers neighbourhood! lol

Oh well, see you sooon, and enjoy the rest of the summer!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.