Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i was just wondering what the situation with doctors and dentists is in Aber, and how the system works for students.

ReputationRep:
    You get given info about the several different doctors surgeries during freshers week, and register then. Its pretty simple, just fill out a form/post it off.
    There's only one NHS dentist (that i'm aware of) in Aber, so it's probably best just going to the dentist at home rather then there

ReputationRep:
    If you register with an NHS dentist or GP, does that mean that you are no longer registered with your local (home) GP/dentist? That's the reason my Mum keeps telling me to not bother registering in Aber.

Also, you can still see the GP in Aber even if it is not your registered GP.

ReputationRep:
    No idea about dentists, as i didn't bother, but not with the doctor, as i went to my doctor here a month or two back and was still registered
    Must be a student register form thing that we fill in, or something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    Keep your home dentist.
    With doctors register in freshers week, they make it very easy for you, you won't even have to go to the surgery if you are living in halls.
    You will no longer be registered with your home doctor, but all you have to do is fill out a quick form when you are home to see one.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely should register with a doctor in Aber - my friend was feeling really ill but because she'd thought she wouldn't need to see a doctor in Aber, she hadn't registered and it did delay it a bit. There won't be any problem at home, though because you were registered there so can most likely access your details.

ReputationRep:
    I'am still looking and researching for that question, but the only thing that you can do is try to visit at this good company for your extra review, this will might help you alot. scottsdale dentist

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.