Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassan90)
    Ive come through clearing and just been offered this accommodation, Accommodation: Room 29 Staircase P Clifton Hall Brunel University UB8 3PH

Clifton Hall any good?, whats its reputation like?
    Can I ask a few questions? It's so I can see how long it'll take for me to get my accommodation sorted out too, if you don't mind.

- When did you get accepted on UCAS track?
    - How long did you have to wait before applying for accommodation?
    - Did you apply online or through the phone?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohBubblegum)
    Can I ask a few questions? It's so I can see how long it'll take for me to get my accommodation sorted out too, if you don't mind.

- When did you get accepted on UCAS track?
    - How long did you have to wait before applying for accommodation?
    - Did you apply online or through the phone?

Thank you!
    1. On Saturday
    2. I could apply for accomodation straight away(before i was accepted on track) because the man gave me my ID on the phone but I applied next day(saturday)
    3. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassan90)
    1. On Saturday
    2. I could apply for accomodation straight away(before i was accepted on track) because the man gave me my ID on the phone but I applied next day(saturday)
    3. Online
    Thank you so much!

I got my student number straight away yesterday morning yet I couldn't apply... how weird. Once again, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    which complex is the borough road hall in? got my accommodation today and it just says "borough road hall flat.... room...."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NTH)
    which complex is the borough road hall in? got my accommodation today and it just says "borough road hall flat.... room...."

I believe it's Lancaster. Have a look on the website.

ReputationRep:
    Got a nice rug and got some soft cushions for my bed plus taking own duvet covers (even though Brunel provide and wash them) so will have to wash own sheets, but also got nice posters. Unsure about the fairy lights posted by someone earlier, theyre usually on the banned list with candles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerys3000)
    Got a nice rug and got some soft cushions for my bed plus taking own duvet covers (even though Brunel provide and wash them) so will have to wash own sheets, but also got nice posters. Unsure about the fairy lights posted by someone earlier, theyre usually on the banned list with candles.
    That was me lol I saw that ,but I asked my sister when she was at first year if anyone took battery powered fairylights and she said she saw loads. If they still wont allow me I'll just put them in my room at home..I'm redecorating anyway.

The stuff you got for your room sounds really good. Gives me a couple of ideas.

ReputationRep:
    I am a great fan of Ikea - all cheap stuff which matches, all in one shopping trip!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    room 26, staircase H, Chepstow hall

ReputationRep:
    flat 19 stockwell hall..lancaster complex

ReputationRep:
    Just got a text to check my inbox as it said i had been allocated a room and i just need to accept it. The only thing is there is nothing in my inbox and the deadline to reply in 1st of September (this Tuesday). With a bank holiday and all that, i really don't want to leave it to the last day.

Any advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Torres)
    Just got a text to check my inbox as it said i had been allocated a room and i just need to accept it. The only thing is there is nothing in my inbox and the deadline to reply in 1st of September (this Tuesday). With a bank holiday and all that, i really don't want to leave it to the last day.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    call them or e-mail them??

ReputationRep:
    they're closed now.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i applied through clearing too SO i got stuck with a standard room

staircase S clifton halls
    woooohoooo
    top floor with no lifts.
    im excited!
    -_-

ReputationRep:
    Got my room assigned for Clifton the other day, and I had a quick look on the floor plan. Looks as though it's 11 rooms and only 1 shower (because the floor has 1 bath instead). That seems a bit excessive?! Not sure I'm going to be able to put up with sharing a shower with 11 people.

Surely that can't be right? Does it mean 1 group of shower rooms or something maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Clifton is a non ensuite room so you will have to use the same shower/bath/toilets etc as the rest of ur house mates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deshi55)
    Got my room assigned for Clifton the other day, and I had a quick look on the floor plan. Looks as though it's 11 rooms and only 1 shower (because the floor has 1 bath instead). That seems a bit excessive?! Not sure I'm going to be able to put up with sharing a shower with 11 people.

Surely that can't be right? Does it mean 1 group of shower rooms or something maybe?
    I'm afraid it will be like that, 11 people sharing 1 bathroom, 1 shower, 1 toilets. Some floors have 2 showers and 2 toilets though.. if it bothers you that much you can try and swap with someone else from another floor if they're willing to.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Clifton Hall too, I called them to see If I could change but no En-suites were available. The Bathrooms look disgusting, how can It be that 11 people share 1 toilet,Bath,Shower, I definitely won't be having a bath! I can't even see how 11 people share a tiny little kitchen, do you have to share Fridges & Cupboards? I'm so annoyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quality Control+)
    I'm in Clifton Hall too, I called them to see If I could change but no En-suites were available. The Bathrooms look disgusting, how can It be that 11 people share 1 toilet,Bath,Shower, I definitely won't be having a bath! I can't even see how 11 people share a tiny little kitchen, do you have to share Fridges & Cupboards? I'm so annoyed
    Have you been there and looked round by the way?

I've got same worries as you, just a shame it's a bank holiday weekend I havn't been able to sort anything out. Just need to decide if I'm going to reject my halls choice and see if I can find a house/flat share with some Brunel students.

Would have liked to stay on campus in halls but I can't see it being that great in any of the older halls. To a certain extent I can put up with the noise and things, I just don't think I can cope with sharing with that many people. It's bound to present tons of problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deshi55)
    Have you been there and looked round by the way?

I've got same worries as you, just a shame it's a bank holiday weekend I havn't been able to sort anything out. Just need to decide if I'm going to reject my halls choice and see if I can find a house/flat share with some Brunel students.

Would have liked to stay on campus in halls but I can't see it being that great in any of the older halls. To a certain extent I can put up with the noise and things, I just don't think I can cope with sharing with that many people. It's bound to present tons of problems.
    I haven't been there & looked around but I watched a video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG_uaZlgtvw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.