Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do women complain about lack of compliments? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    ......And I hear make up sex is fantastic :p:
    Haha I was just about to edit my post and say that . You beat me to it.

I think you too will be going out soon :yep:

ReputationRep:
    women like to be complimented when they have made an effort to look nice for you.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets used to getting alot of compliments early in a relationship as its like a constant self esteem boost, but espeically for insecure people, they might wonder if theyre not attractive anymore to their SO when it eventually dies down... I think its normal to not compliment each others looks as much after youve been out awhile, but now and then its still nice to hear things about your looks even if you have heard them before. Special compliments now and again is way better than being told how beautiful you are 24/7 IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather get no compliments than receive an insult.

ReputationRep:
    If you're in a long relationship I don't think compliments are really necessary. In a short relationship or a build up to one it just kindof confirms an attraction and develops a sexual connection (in my experience) but I don't personally need any compliments from my boyfriend of 2 and a half years. In fact I would find it a bit weird if he kept complimenting me all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I agree to some extent. :dontknow:
    It is nice to get a compliment once in a while but if they're saying them all the time you'd start to think they're not being sincere and just saying things for the sake of it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.