Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Could u pls help me decide on which university's Finance course I should go for..

2 main questions:

1. I'm holding offers from Edinburgh and Nottingham. Edin ranks better than Nottingham in almost all rankings (UK & World), but most ppl tend to choose Nottingham over Edin. Can u clarify why...is it just because of England VS Scottland????

2. I think I'll apply for Cass'as well, pls suggest which specialize finance course of Cass provides the best career prospect.

Note:
    - I'm from Thailand
    - no problem with funding at all
    - I just finished my Bachelor in May09, now I'm working at Standard Chartered (Thai) - WB. I'm planning to pursue a Master's in 2010/11
    - I dont mind about the city/environment(&ppl) in which the universities are, as long as it's the best finance course
    - wanna get job in UK (can be in any city - not hav to be in London) after graduate if i can

***the only thing I care about is what it can add to my knowledge and career prospect.

So the only criteria in deciding between Edin and Nottingham are 1. the course quality 2. job prospect

Thk you so much, really appreciate ya help as you guys might know better than my Thai friends.

Sandy

ReputationRep:
    CASS masters rank better than the other 2 unis, and if money is no option I would go to CASS. I had an offer there for the MSc Investment Management course, but the 20K was a bridge too far for me. They have a few different courses, so it depends on what you want to do upon graduating. CASS is in the city so it is easier to network/go to interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Well a lot of it depends on your grades at the moment - let us know this and we can probably help to a greater deal (although I think you have a very unique case for this forum).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.