Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone!!
    I'm an international student from spain, and i'll go to uni in 2010 , it's only one year left, but i'm quite nerveous and uncertain if i should go to study abroad or not... first i'll miss my family so much , i'm very close to my family, and i think i will not resist 3 months without seen'em (i'll be back for christmas!!) , but looking at the brightside i'll have better job opportunities and a lots of new experiences living abroad!!! what you guys thinks???

P.D: i've never studied in english thought i very fluent with it

xx

ReputationRep:
    study abroad can be great fun, and a great life experience, living and learning in another country for a year, i would go for it personal, very one would be nervous not only is it a new uni, new people, but a whole new country, which is understandable, 3 months not a long time, i mean uni terms are what 10-11 weeks depends where you go, it will fly by,

its down to you really

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. You'll miss your parents less than you think, and you'll get used to being away from them after a couple of weeks.

Lots of unis have reading weeks, so if you can afford it you could always go home for a week in the middle of each term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Go for it. You'll miss your parents less than you think, and you'll get used to being away from them after a couple of weeks.

Lots of unis have reading weeks, so if you can afford it you could always go home for a week in the middle of each term.
    i thinks both area right!! it's up to me! I have friends from spain who're now in england studying and i asked them if they misses their families .. they answer that you ger used to it in 2 months!
    I know I should go to study abroad because it opens a lots of doors and ... you're cool in your town! :p: , anyway it is a very risky situation , because i might want to go home in england , and go home where i don't have sit in any uni !!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm also an international student and I decided to start studying in the UK this fall.

On the one hand, I'm pretty nervous about it I really have mixed feelings... I fear that I won't make friends, that I won't understand anything or that I'll become really homesick

But on the other hand I'm so happy to go and to get to know many other people, a different culture and country and another language

Does anyone of you have experience with that? Because I feel kind of lost right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steffis)
    I'm also an international student and I decided to start studying in the UK this fall.

On the one hand, I'm pretty nervous about it I really have mixed feelings... I fear that I won't make friends, that I won't understand anything or that I'll become really homesick

But on the other hand I'm so happy to go and to get to know many other people, a different culture and country and another language

Does anyone of you have experience with that? Because I feel kind of lost right now
    I feel exactly like you, thanks for the reply!!! It kind of helps know that everyone feels the same way though they're scared!!

ReputationRep:
    If it's any consolation, it's super scary for some of us going to universities not very far away as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisianaPuuurchase)
    If it's any consolation, it's super scary for some of us going to universities not very far away as well!
    hahah good point!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisianaPuuurchase)
    Really good point :yes: And when I think clearly about it, it doesn't matter how far away you are from home, there is always the possibility that you can be homesick

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.